CP Processing issues - Dilemma

agw

Registered Users (C)
My 140 was filed around April'02 and have seen many 140's being approved. I think mine will be approved within few weeks. I have not given an option for CP and was planning to do that once the 140 is approved. I am seriously considering a CP option but since my Wife's pregnancy is due in March, I don't know whether it would be a good idea to have the CP done or just file for 485 now and wait for another 700 days (in TSC).

Would the whole CP process be completed before JAN '03. Or do we have a control over choosing the interview dates to go to the Mumbai Consulate. Can we postpone the dates after we file for CP. Or am I inviting unnecessary complications with the CP options.

Apreciate the response.
Ajay.

cp option

ajay,
there are many ways you can delay the processing of you case. when you get your pkt 3 from nvc you can delay in sending it back to st. louis also when you get the date from consulate you can request them to postpone it, i have seen this being done somewhere in this forum.

hope this helps

indi

If your I140 gets approved this month, it is very likely that you will get the interview done by Jan 03 since you are going to do AC140. After you get the I824 receipt notice and send all the paperwork to the consulate, they should schedule you for an interview date about 2-3 months after they receive the paperwork from you.

So, assuming that you are able to get the paperwork to them by September, you should be able to get a Dec/Jan interview.

Yeah, you should be done before 2003 dawns. In any case, you may want to get a date as soon as you can and ask for an extension if you need (instead of delaying sending the papers).

Thanks everybody for responding. Its a good news that we could be in control. But the problem of taking all the shot's still remains, Without it We cannot get through the medical and I do not know whether during pregnancy these shots could be taken.
Or is there some concession. I guess it would be a same problem even if I choose to file for AOS.

CP

1. You can delay your interview for up to 1 year from the date that your consulate contacts you regarding having received your P3. You will retain full control of your interview date (as far as postponing the interview).
2. All US consulates now accept blood antibody report and have exemptions (including X-ray) for pregnancy. I don't think this should be any cause of worry at all.

I myself got my green card through CP and the process is very quick and you are in full control. The only issue is the extra travel, consulate fees and medical costs.

I have read experiences where pregnant women have been spared some shots that were medically prohibitive. Dont worry. This will not be an issue. You can anyways call an authorized dcotor and find out the details.

Ajay :

Hi Ajay,

u may get an exemption for vaccinations in US, but there is also a requirement for an X-ray, which may/may not be harmful in such cases. I spoke to the Delhi consulate physician (Dr Jain) if it was possible to get an exemption for an x-ray, but he said they were not authorised to waive the x-ray as India was in the T.B. belt, and x-ray was quite important. Try to find out if it is possible to get the medical done in USA (if accepted), she may get exemptions for vaccinations and x-rays here.

SI

I know for sure that Mumbai, in past, has made exemptions for pregnant women, including x-rays. You may want to talk to all authorized doctors for Delhi consulate and see if you get a different response.

I dont think you can go to anybody outside the listed doctors for a consulate. Getting med done in the US might not be an option.

kashur :

what Dr Jain ultimately said was that "he may avoid the x-ray but then, the consulate was not OBLIGED to give anyone a Green Card" According to him an x-ray was given importance in India for the T.B. reasons. He said in cases of pregnant women they covered the abdominal region and went ahead........ and whether that itself is considered safe/unsafe was on which various medical organisations have been differing.......

n I really don't know how much importance the consulate would give to the x-ray......

SI

Last edited by a moderator: