CP process after I-824 approval

AnupamJai

Hi, my I-140 was approved while I was in US a but then I had to move to a different country so we filed I-824. Recently the I-824 was approved and we also got communication letter from NVC to pay fees but the this letter only had my name as applicant and there is no mention my spouse. Upon checking the old I-824 I noticed that my employer missed her name in the dependents section.

I have a few follow-up questions:
1. Is it normal that one gets approval only for the primary applicant and not dependents at the same time?
2. What is the process to file for dependents/spouse and which forms gets filed specifically for them? I'm being told to file DS-160 which I doubt is correct because that is a non-immigrant visa application! In case we file DS-160 for her, which visa would this be and would she be able to work in US?

4. In case missing the spouse's details in I-824 is the problem here, what is the best course of action? Should we file the I-824 again? If we do that then the current processing times are 18 months and in the meantime my current NVC invitation might expire as it has 1 year timeline to start the process.

5. If things are complicated in this scenario, would it better to just try to get new visa again and then file for I-485 in US (dates are current)?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi
Hi, my I-140 was approved while I was in US a but then I had to move to a different country so we filed I-824. Recently the I-824 was approved and we also got communication letter from NVC to pay fees but the this letter only had my name as applicant and there is no mention my spouse. Upon checking the old I-824 I noticed that my employer missed her name in the dependents section.

I have a few follow-up questions:
1. Is it normal that one gets approval only for the primary applicant and not dependents at the same time?
2. What is the process to file for dependents/spouse and which forms gets filed specifically for them? I'm being told to file DS-160 which I doubt is correct because that is a non-immigrant visa application! In case we file DS-160 for her, which visa would this be and would she be able to work in US?

4. In case missing the spouse's details in I-824 is the problem here, what is the best course of action? Should we file the I-824 again? If we do that then the current processing times are 18 months and in the meantime my current NVC invitation might expire as it has 1 year timeline to start the process.

5. If things are complicated in this scenario, would it better to just try to get new visa again and then file for I-485 in US (dates are current)?

Thanks in advance for your time.
I know this is an old post but wanted to ask how long did it take to get your I 824 approved?