CP popularity bound to decrease ?

Moulin Rouge

Registered Users (C)
With 140/485 concurrent filing announced today (YOU can file a 485 even if your 140 is pending from TODAY) I guess the popularity of CP will wane over the next few months !!!

What do you guys think ?

You are right Moulin!!!

What if this would have happened 6 months back? We'ld have planned India visit as per our convenience. But any way what happens, happens for the best. But is this form today? I was reading the memo and it says that you have 60 days to comment on the proposal. Anyway GC process is getting better and faster. Thank GOD.

Yeah !!

I guess I would have opted for 485 if I could have concurrently filed it with my 140.. Only caveat (as imm-law pointed out) is if the INS holds your 140 until they get around to your 485 (for like 11 months just as they do with FB cases who already have concurrent 130/485 filing) then you cant change job in 6 month since AC21 is 140 portability and assumes you have an approved 140.

cP still faster

I think CP will remain fastest way to get the GC despite concurrent filing. It is anyways taking only 3-4 months for I140 approval. And who knows what additional hoops INS will make applicants jump for concurrent filing.

It will be an attractive option for many if they can avail portablity option faster (say within 6-7 months after LC against 10-11 months that it currently takes).

There are innumerable I-140 approvals which took over 8 months, I know personally (including mine). This will definetly hit CP popularity...