CP or I485 ????

archvish

Registered Users (C)
CP Gurus,
               Need help in deciding whether to go for CP or I485. I140 got approved recently from CSC. Has there been a delay because of new process for CP. How much time does I824 takes. How much time can it take for CP with I824.

Thanks
arch

No Title

I\'m also interested in that question.

How soon will I be able to change my company I\'m working for,
If I decided to go CP.

Please answer.

time for CP if 485 has been filed

Hi All,
I (with my wife) filed for my AOS (I-485 stage) in Dec. I am planning to go back to school in August (more than 180 days after my filing). Since the AOS process takes about 2 years in TX, I am contemplating consular processing. I have been in status and my file has no problems of any kind.
How long does it take do consular processing? Is there any way to get a consular processing for the green card done within 5 months?

Any information is appreciated
Thanks
VVN

Please look at CP tracker for timelines

Not sure how up to date it is though regarding the new process.

About leaving company, there have been other threads discussing this in detail. Please search through this site. Normally, it is not advisable to leave immediately after getting GC, recommended time about a year.

what to mention on I-140

I am about to file I-140.. I heard that you can mention both CP and AOS on it and then after its approved, decide which way to go ?
Will the new step introduced in CP recently, introduce delay and if so , how much approximately ? for me the time line is quite important..( i guess for everone it is !!)

thanks