CP or I-485 ...Very Urgent..Please Help!!

gcInc

Registered Users (C)
CP or I-485

This is very urgent..I am looking for information regarding which one is best to opt for: Consular Processing or I-485. Can anybody elaborate on this issue?
In CP, what going to happen if application get rejected? Can person still come back on same H1-B even after rejection, as for CP H1 stay valid until interview? or He can come any other visa???
What other restriction are there for CP?
I will have to take a decision ASAP.
Your help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks,
DJ

No Title

I heard rightnow taking a step to go for CP is not very encouraging. Also for more info please check Sheelamurthy web site,
GoodLuck

grlfrmnj

Hi grlfrmnj,

No attorney will suggest you for CP. The only reason is that if you get rejected, they cannot defend your case - it is final. But if you read that law carefully, the consular can reject your case only when you have one or more of these:
Criminal record,
Fraud Case,
DWI, and/or
Weak financial position.

That is why you will see in most of the cases there is no interview, because they do the first three before you go for interview. Only thing they have to check is your financial position. I finished CP on Jan 17th. I will say "CP Rocks". It took only 10 months for me from start till end.

CP or AOS?

My attorney is also suggesting AOS as a safer route in 3rd stage as they r saying that you have attorneys representation while staying with the current job, only time is the factor here otherwise the whole process is really smooth and easy..
Pls let me know your views on this..
thanks

CP Vs AOS

I am sure Sheela Murthy like all other attorney would like to have more control of your GC process. They lose that control if you go CP. Basically after your I-140 is approved you do not need attorney.(I filled in my P3 myself and took over once the 140 was approved.) Not to mention they loose their fee for 485 and EAD doc preperation and filing if you would not go via AOS.
I am not sure what timelines are in effect now after they chnaged the P3-p4 process. But if your case is clean and no issues with INS/IRS/FBI then you are good for CP. I believe it is still taking upto 5 months to get the GC via CP.
Via AOS your case become portable after 6 months...` but you still have to keep applying for EAD as they expire over a period of 2-3 years until GC is fianlly done

Go for CP

I had originally opted for AOS. My receipt date was 05/24/01. I was supposed to get GC by 06/2002. My company\'s health started to deteriorate and I decided to go for CP. I went through the AC-140 process and started the process in September 2001. I got my CP interview on Jan 28, 2002. I have a temorary GC stamp and waiting for the plastic card. Hope this helps you to decide that CP route is really not as risky as what you may think it is. Best of Luck.

CP is the way to go

If your documents are in order and you\'re willing to spend a little money (and time) on airfare, CP is the way to go. On average CP takes 4 months from the date of filing packet 3, where as 485 takes 10-12 months.

If there\'s some reason for which one thinks his CP application will get rejected, then it\'s same reason for which I485 application will get rejected too (guess a few months later only).

So you decide ...

regards