CP Experience at Mumbai

Digital Nomad

Hi Everybody,

I will like to share my CP experience at Mumbai.

I did my medicals at Breach Candy on 27th Nov,2002. Absolutely no problems. They provide u with a sealed packet to be submitted , as it is, to the Councellor Officer at the US Consulate. They also provide a sealed envelope for the X-ray which u need to carry with u and submit at the POE.

CP Interview was on 28th Nov,2002. Entered consulate at 7.45am and was done with the interview by 9.15am. Did not have the Birth Certificate and had to submit "Non-Avalaibility" of birth certificate along with transaltion ( notarized), affidavit fm parents and "School leaving Certificate".

They asked me one Q : How long have u been working with this Company?

No Qs asked regarding paystubs,Bankstatements etc.

The documents that one must carry are :

1.DS 230 Part -I ( Signed)
2.DS 230 Part-II ( unsigned)
3.Cover letter letter from Conulate with interview date ( see to it that the hospital stamps it after the medicals)
4.Appointment letter
5.Birth Certificate
6.PCC ( no need for local PCC if u hv one fm USA)
7.PCC stamp on pssprt ( fotocopy)
8.Original Pssprt ( valid for atleast 6 months fm the intended date of trvl o US)

It was a v simple and straight forward experience.

Will b happy to answer ur Qs , if any

Congrats and thanks for sharing the experience.
Will be waiting for ur reply on the following -
a) R u a single ? if the answer is No, please answer the next Q, else exit with cheers.

b) Did u mention ur assets, bank balance etc. in I-134 for ur spouse...?

cheers!!
Ranen

mumbai experience

similar experience like "nomad"
mumbai CP was very straitforward.

interview date: nov 20th.

Medicals at Hinduja (half day) they call at 7AM, by 10.15 you are done with blood etc. they call back at 1:30 PM for doctor appt and you can pick up the report also immediately.

Interview at consulate.. dont take any folders with ZIPPERS etc.(nothing metallic). use simple plastic folders only. we had to swap ours.

time to verify documents : 15 minutes. person was very friendly.
said interview will take place in 1hour. but we were called within 20 minutes.
Interview: not a single question asked. they said its approved, pick up at 3:30PM.
our's was EB3, both on H1.

Carry all documents mentioned in the application letter.

port of entry: chicago. no questions. passport stamped with 1 year temp stamp.

all the best.

bmbgc02,

regarding, what you stated ...

Interview at consulate.. dont take any folders with ZIPPERS etc.(nothing metallic). use simple plastic folders only. we had to swap ours.

-------------

are you serious, what about waist-belt buckles, metallic staplers etc.

bsoni:
Get 13 section binders from Office Max or Office Depot. They are for 7 or 8 bucks. They have rubber strap and you can tag each section. Get two of those one for you and one for your spouse.
The ones which i got were made by beauont or something like that. Go to office max and go to the folders section.

No metal objects or closed casings allowed in the consulate. No bags no large purses. No electronics.
So be careful.

Cheers,
Bapa

Bapa,
Hey man, what r u still doing here !!! Get out of this place - :)
Anyway, thanks for the reminder and informations !!
BEST OF LUCK !!!
cheers!!
Ranen

I bought "Beautone" plastic folder and "Clear Project File" transparant folders in OfficeMax to arrange originals and copeis for the interview. I found they are available in many other stationery shops too.

Originally posted by Bapa
bsoni:
Get 13 section binders from Office Max or Office Depot. They are for 7 or 8 bucks. They have rubber strap and you can tag each section. Get two of those one for you and one for your spouse.
The ones which i got were made by beauont or something like that. Go to office max and go to the folders section.

No metal objects or closed casings allowed in the consulate. No bags no large purses. No electronics.
So be careful.

Cheers,
Bapa