CP Experience Apr 22 Mumbai

Jaikishin

Registered Users (C)
Everything went as described by many on this board. We took the oath but however, we were told by the Consular officer that they are awaiting clearance and they will contact us in two weeks.

Has anyone experienced such thing before?

Jaikishin:What do you mean "waiting for clearance"

Did you get the GC or not?
Was that at the POE or at the Comsulate?
Please let us know.

awaiting clearance from whom?

Some one mentioned on this web site that they will look in the FBI databases and if they have some doubts then they would take some time to clear that doubts. Is this is the same case? Please post it.

No Title

No they did not give the GC. It is basically approved but the consulate will call us and let us know when to pick it up. It looks like a formality.
I just realized that the consulate is waiting for "Name Check Clearance".

Are u still in India

After your interview are you still waiting there or already landed in US

No Title

the list says that only single males between the ages of 16 -45 can be scrutinized. Do you fall in that category?

Visa number

I know of a few cases in Australia where people were told their Visa is approved, but they have to come back in a couple of days time. This is because the consulate ran out of Visa numbers. Each month the consulate requests DOS/NVC for Visa numbers. If they run out then they ask the applicant to wait till they can draw Visa numbers from the next month. Generally after around the 20th of each month. Small consulates generally have their Immigrant Visa Interviews between 15th and 19th, so that the applicant does not have to wait too long for the Visa, if the consulate has run out of their requested quota for the month. The fact that Bombay Consulate has said it is approved but you will have to wait means it is not a police clearance problem.
My 2c worth.

Anyone else have a similar problem in Mumbai CP?

What is this new stuff we\'re hearing about waiting for clearance...
I thought by the time our case reaches the consulate we have enough "clearances" to last us a lifetime!

Please post if you have any info about this or other possible problems for CP.

Dolphins, I remeber this happening to one more person in Mumbai about 3 months back

This is not very common ..so no need to worry.
Moroever , I think this is just one more formality check..so even if it happens..it would just delay the process by few days..

Did u check with NVC about ur file being send to Mumbai???

Shanks

Jaikishin: Yes, "similar " problem....

Jaikishin,

After interview on April 23, my wife was told to come back
next day. Probably consulate run out of time to issue her
visa on the same day. As expected, next day consulate issued
her visa packet.

In my opinion, your case appears to be related to Name Check and
will be resolve very soon. I can understand these last minute glitches makes you uncomfortable. But treat this as extra vacation and have a fun. Best Luck.

name check

My P3 was created a couple of weeks ago. My NVC AVM says I may be asked to do a name or finger print check on the request of the consulate. I guess this is a new process that may be required for CP processing as a consequence of 9/11. My P3 is to be mailed back direct to Sydney consulate.