CP Approved I140, Applied for AOS :=> Delays?????

aamiragassi

Registered Users (C)
Hello SSuyambu, other folks,
I\'d appreciate any feedback,inputs pertaining to the aforementioned concern.
Thanks,
AA
PS: PD->6/99, I140 approved for CP=>6/00, 485 RD/ND->11/00, EAC-01044xxxxx, FP=>3/01, Case assigned to officer->8/01. Case has been with the officer for more than 5 weeks now. Called IIO a few times. During the most recent talk, IIO stated that the officer could be on a vacation & they don\'t have the means to expedite the process & asked me to check back after a month. Spoke to a NVC info officer who advised me to get in touch with the American Consulate, Chennai,India.(Documents mailed to them=> 7/00. Just after I140 approved for CP but before I filed for AOS)

Sounds like crap

They wouldn\'t have mailed anything to Chennai till you had sent additional documentation in request for CP. Just becuase your I-140 was approved for CP, it does not start your CP..... what has most probably happened is that your I-140 is in NVC. So, if you applied for AOS, then they should get your I-140 from NVC. If it\'s this delayed, don\'t waste your time calling VSC. Call your local Senator\'s office and ask them for help in getting your AOS approved. This is a standard service provided by your senator\'s office. They might ask you to send your particulars in writing, but they are generally pretty good at getting the ball moving.

Frankly, telling you that the adjustment officer is on holiday the biggest load of crap I\'ve ever heard.

No Title

Hi ,

My I140 was approved for CP. But when I talked to my lawyer about it,
he said it was VSC error and said it won\'t delay the I485 process.

I didn\'t do anything other than that.

Best of Luck

my case was not delayed

My I140 was approved for CP but my case got approved on 09/20/2001, ND was 11/08/2000.