Cp and Last Three year Taxes

sekhar_TSC

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

For CP do we need last three year Federal Tax returns? I have W2 correction in 1999 and Filed 1999 partial income in 2000, Employer gave one more W2 in year 2000 for 1999 Income, so I filled Taxes in 2000, Including corrected income in 1999. will it be Okay ?

Yes, it should be ok. You can get the consilidated tax transcripts

from you local IRS office. Although some consulates accept W2s in leu of the tax transcripts, better to give them what they ask for.

tax returns- Rajesh Paul can u pl. ans.

I have last three years federal and state tax return copies, would those be sufficient or do I need to get any thing more from IRS office for CP?

mychiv. It should be ok

Usually the consulate is happy with this and don\'t even ask for W2, but just to be on the safe side, you can get tax transcripts from IRS. It is very easy, doesn\'t take much time and is free. Just go to your local IRS office and u can get it in 5/10 minutes. Else you can apply by phone.

Rajesh Paul - Do you need your wife to accompany you to the IRS Office

Rajesh , can you pick up the IRS transcripts your self , if you are filing a joint return.

I need to know this since, my wife will be leaving for India & I have not yet got the IRS Transcripts.