Counting Baltimore transferees without interview notice

OS

Registered Users (C)
If your case was transfered in May and you have not received interview notice yet, please add your info to discussion. I am curious how many people are in the same boat.

My Info: TD 5/17 BINS received: 5/25, interview:???

What Can We Do to push BINS ?

Case Transfer Date : 5/17
Case Received at B-INS : 5/25
Interview : ???

The last time I visited BINS (mid Aug) they said I can expect to receive the notice by mid Sep, but nothing yet. What can we possibly do to voice our concern : appeal letters , senator help ?? We have waited long enough now !

No Title

My dates are same as yours and of course I have no news from B-INS. I doubt there will be any movement this month because no one received interview notice for September and I do not think there are issuing any this month either

Lawyer Action

My lawyer faxed a written inquiry to B-INS and received the typical reply; Interview letter is sent approx. 120 days after transfer, which is total BS. In my opinion I think it is more useful to go in person. I am planning to make a visit this Friday and will keep u folks updated. I urge all of you to do the same.

No Title

Good luck to you. Try to make a point that it is over 120 days, bring that fax with you.

From my experience: I visited BINS about a month ago -- lady told me to wait another 60 to 90 days. These numbers does not seem to be justified by anything except that she wanted to get rid of me and my questions.

all papers gone

So I guess you have to show all the originals for labor certification etc. during the interview? Does any one know if it\'s easy to retrieve all GC processed papers from INS? All my papers were lost in the NY catastrophe...

I went there last week

They gave me the standard response that they are very busy and I should hear from them in 60 to 90 days.
My TD is also May 17 and they received it May 26.

Baltimore waiters---Listen to this

My case was transferred to Baltimore on May 17th as well. I went to Baltimore today (at 7 AM) only to find out that \'receipt day\' they claim is completely different from the receipt day that I had in mind. Even though they received my application on May 25th, my case was transferred to \'some box\' only on August 10, 2001. And, that is what they say the \'receipt day.\' The lady I spoke was really cool, she told me that I should get my interview notice within 10 weeks of the new recipt (box) day. She has asked me to contact them if I don\'t hear anything by October 4th week.

INS only sends a letter

Hi,

My papers were stolen last week and I talked to IIO at VSC. She told me that INS does not reprint receipt notices etc. but she did agree to send me a letter stating all the pertinent information and that I reported my papers stolen.

ND - 11/23/2000
TD (to baltimore) - 05/17/2001
Entered in System - 05/25/2001
Visited BINS - 08 sometime. Got the standard answer that all of us are getting.

Still waiting for anything further,
-vk