Could we use a non fingerprint image green card( issuing before the age of 14 )for naturalization?

kelvin8250

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks!!!

My sister will turn 16 years old at the end of this year. She got her green card when she was 9 years old. Therefore, her green card does not have fingerprint image on it. Of course, her green card is vaild for 10 years, so even if she turns 18 years old for her naturalization, her green card is not expiring. Recently, I just know about when reaching 14 years old that is required to renew a green card with fingerprint image on it, and only pay $80 dollars for biometrics fee, $290 dollars could be waived if green card is not expiring prior to the age of 16. Hence, she got only about 4 months prior to the age of 16 to decide whether to renew the green card in order to waive $290 and paperwork. By the way, her parents which also my parents, who don't speak English at all. So my sister got no chance acquiring U.S. citizenship through parents under the age of 18.

If my sister will be filing N-400 form ( when she turns 18 ) along with a non fingerprint image green card's copy that won't be returned, and this step has gone through. Maybe, at the time of naturalization fingerprint taken in Application Support Center, or naturalization interview pretending don't know about it, and arguing that the green card is not expiring if she got any problems at that moment.

So, my question is that can we use a non fingerprint image green card ( issuing before the age of 14 ) just for naturalization, not being rejected? ( From filing N-400 to oath ceremony )

And also, has anyone ever used this non fingerprint image green card gone through the whole naturalization process? ( Please no conjecture, I need a real scenario )

Did she not renew her green card upon turning 14 years old? The law says that one needs to replace the green card if the card was issued before the age of 14 and the card holder has since turned 14.