Could I go to another USCIS local office for pp stamping?

moon66

My I-485 approval notice asked me to go to New york city for stamping. But I moved to indiana two months ago. Could I go to USCIS local office in indiana for stamping? Any response is appreciated.

moon66 said:
My I-485 approval notice asked me to go to New york city for stamping. But I moved to indiana two months ago. Could I go to USCIS local office in indiana for stamping? Any response is appreciated.

I would not see why not, if FPs can be submitted in a different office. At the worst, you can try to bring the notice and attempt to get the passport stamped, all they can say is no, it does not affect anything.

Yes you can. I did in different office. Make sure to get approval notice and all required documents

Hi, Dilip001
Thnaks very much for your response. My I-485 was approved in vermont service center. But right now I live in Indiana which is jurisdicated by nebraska service center. In this case, could I still have my pp stamped in indiana?

Yes you can go to different office for stamping

moon66 said:
Hi, Dilip001
Thnaks very much for your response. My I-485 was approved in vermont service center. But right now I live in Indiana which is jurisdicated by nebraska service center. In this case, could I still have my pp stamped in indiana?

I am in the same situation like you.
We moved on 2nd July from NJ - IL, reported change of address on 6th July and our cases have been approved on 8th July.
I do not know what happened to my approval notice sent on my previous address. But, my attorney got one and in that they asked me to go to Newark, NJ.
Then I started researching whether I go to Chicago local office for stamping.
1. My attorney said yes, I can go to Chicago local office.
2. One of my friend who moved from CA to GA, went to Atlanta local
office and got stamping done with out asking any thing. In his letter they
indicated CA office.
Finally what I think we can definetely go to different office.
But, if they ask why did you come here, we should have ready answer
preferably evidences like:
1. Copy of AR11 that we have reported change of address as required by
law.
2. Driver ID on new address, if not some other proof
Hope this gives you more confidence to go to local CIS office for stamping.
Good luck
ARB

Yes, You can go to any USCIS office as long as you have required documents. Make sure to get IDs and some kind of proof of address like AR11 or some utility bill. I went to different center and they asked me photo ids. After validating they put stamp on my passport

Hi Arb123,

Which Chicago office did you go to? What is the address? Do they have a specified day for stamping? (like Newark is always Wed 8am - 12am)

Thanks!

NJNJ said:
Hi Arb123,

Which Chicago office did you go to? What is the address? Do they have a specified day for stamping? (like Newark is always Wed 8am - 12am)

Thanks!
Hi! NJNJ
No I did not go for stamping, yet.
I am waiting for my wife's approval latter which we are expecting
early next week.
As per the info given by one of the member in this Forrum we will be going:
10 W Jackson Blvd. Chicago, IL - 60604
Timings 7 - 2 PM, Only Friday by appointment and rest of the days first come first.
Hope this helps you.
Let me know your stamping experience in Chicago.
I will post if I go before you
Good luck
ARB123

You can.. if you look at what I did.

I got the notice at my RI address asking me to go to RI INS office for stamping. I moved to CA and live in CA now. The lady at the triage counter asked me to change the address on the notice. I crossed the old address and typed the new one. Maybe it would be a good idea to carry proof of new address for eg., bank statement ( she asked me that but I did not have one).
All in all it is doable. I've been doing it for my Ist FP, 2nd FP and now stamping all in different places other than the notified offices. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.

arb123 said:
Hi! NJNJ
No I did not go for stamping, yet.
I am waiting for my wife's approval latter which we are expecting
early next week.
As per the info given by one of the member in this Forrum we will be going:
Timings 7 - 2 PM, Only Friday by appointment and rest of the days first come first.
Hope this helps you.
Let me know your stamping experience in Chicago.
I will post if I go before you
Good luck
ARB123

hi arb123,

I am in Chicago and planning to go to passport stamping in 3 weeks..(got approval yesterday). Make sure that your passport is valid for atleast next six months...mine is not and I had to submit my passport for renewal.

PP stamping in NYC instead of Hartford

I live in Stamford, CT and NYC is much closer than Hartford, so I am thinking of using infopass to get an appointment for stamping at NYC. Has anyone done that?

Thanks

NJNJ said:
Hi Arb123,

Thanks!

Hi! NJNJ
We went to
for stamping on 29th at 1.30 PM and got stamping with in 1 1/2 hours
very cool.
If you have any questions let me know
Good luck
ARB123

Congrats and thanks for the infor!

So you went on Thurthday. No problem there? Also, did they ask for evidence of moving?

NJNJ said:
Congrats and thanks for the infor!

So you went on Thurthday. No problem there? Also, did they ask for evidence of moving?

Hi! NJNJ
They never bother where approval letter is asking us to go.
So question of evidence of moving did not arise.
They ask ID, preferably Driver ID. We already took IL IDs.
We have shown that.
Then:
1. Approval letter - surrender
2. Passport - We will get back after stamping
3. Two photos - surrender
4. All I-94s - surrender
5. All EADs - surrender
6. All APs - surrender
They ask all EADs and All APs even expired.
But if you do not have expired ones do not worry.
In my wife's case expired EAD was misplaced.
They never pointed out. If they point out we wanted to tell them that
it is misplaced.
They take FPs and signatures at two places in one form. I think they themself
fill that form. They never asked us to fill any thing.
It was very cordial and relaxing.
Good luck
ARB123

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you arb123!

You went on Thursday. It seams it doesn't matter which day you go, does it?

NJNJ said:
Thank you arb123!

You went on Thursday. It seams it doesn't matter which day you go, does it?

Monday - Thursday - 7.30AM to 2.00PM
Friday: by appointment only
Good luck
ARB