Could anyone post the apporval letter content Verbatim?

Avalon

Registered Users (C)
Could anyone post the apporval letter content Verbatim? I would like to know the wording in the apporval letter word to word. ( Originial or Cortesy Copy). You can exclude your personal details such as SRC# etc.

Actually there is a fine print which says that you have one year from date of approval to stamp passport. I wanted someone to put the content and any other message.

you might try your question in "Life after GC" forum. I'm guessinig not a lot of people read this forum in detail once they are approved...

they do read this forum..:) I just dont have a copy of my approval letter with me. I probably gave it to the officer at local INS...not sure if I ever made a copy of it either..But I don't think there is any fineprint...but it is true that u can get the stamping done within an year of that letter date.

Madhav

Hi Avalon,

I received my courtesy copy of the Approval letter in mail, and I don't see any fine print on it. It's long, so I'm not going to type verbatim as you want. But here it is....

Courtesy Copy: Original sent to: lawyer's name

This courtesy notice is to advice you of action taken on this case. The official notice has been mailed to the attorney or representative indicated above. Any relevant documentation included in the notice was also mailed as part of the official notice.

Your application for permanent resident status has been approved. Please take this notice, your Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, your passport, and two ADIT style color photos meeting the specifications listed below, to the local INS office listed below to have your fingerprints and signature taken on Form I-89, and otherwise complete processing for your Alien Registration Card. The address of your local INS office is:

office address:
Hours for this process: Monday through Friday, times the office is open

Please direct your questions to the office listed here. You may appear at the above office on the days and times specified.

Photo specifications:

Long list of photo specifications....just like EAD

This courtesy copy may not be used in lieu of official notification to demonstrate the filing or processing action taken on this case.

THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA NOR MAY IT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

TSC address is listed in the bottom, along with the national call center #.

Hope it answers your question. There is no fine print. It's straightforward.

SaiKripa

Thanks SaiKripa

So the answer is there is no fine print that says the validity of 1 year. I need to see it in writing somewhere before I can take action.

Another conclusion that I made was, the stamping needs to be done at the local office mentioned in approval letter. Could that be done at some other local office nearest you?

sorry about making that assumption Mad Par...

Mad Par said:
they do read this forum..:) I just dont have a copy of my approval letter with me. I probably gave it to the officer at local INS...not sure if I ever made a copy of it either..But I don't think there is any fineprint...but it is true that u can get the stamping done within an year of that letter date.

Madhav