Copies of papers - help

Firsttime

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

After more than 180 days I changed the employer...since company lawyer was not cooperative, I hired a lawyer. My lawyer sent note to prev lawyer to get the papers, he never responded to him.
My lawyer saying he can't do anything unless he gets copy of my papers as I don't have copy of my Labor Cert and I don't remember what was my position and Salary exactly to file for AC21.
Prev employer and his lawyer r playing games..asking me to pay 3k for expenses of GC since I quit in btwn of the process.

I'm thinking..

if my GC apporved without RFE, i'll go for stamping with a copy of apporval, that'll be Okay -right?
If I rcvd RFE, I should pay that amount to prv lawyer to respond to that RFE ... no choice?
Current lawyer saying, even if we file G28, prv lawyer will not represent me...then if we rcv RFE, should have a copy of papers.

How to get a copy of papers for BCIS and procedure or link?

Even my (current) lawyer saying to pay the money to get papers.

thanks

Hello,

After more than 180 days I changed the employer...since company lawyer was not cooperative, I hired a lawyer. My lawyer sent note to prev lawyer to get the papers, he never responded to him.
My lawyer saying he can't do anything unless he gets copy of my papers as I don't have copy of my Labor Cert and I don't remember what was my position and Salary exactly to file for AC21.
Prev employer and his lawyer r playing games..asking me to pay 3k for expenses of GC since I quit in btwn of the process.

I'm thinking..

if my GC apporved without RFE, i'll go for stamping with a copy of apporval, that'll be Okay -right?
If I rcvd RFE, I should pay that amount to prv lawyer to respond to that RFE ... no choice?
Current lawyer saying, even if we file G28, prv lawyer will not represent me...then if we rcv RFE, should have a copy of papers.

How to get a copy of papers for BCIS and procedure or link?

Even my (current) lawyer saying to pay the money to get papers.

thanks

You can ask BCIS/Dept of Labor for those papers, I guess. Also you can try complaining AILA to see if it will have any affect on the attorney.

wait till you get approval or RFE

Firsttime!!!

as you said wait till you get approval or RFE
if you get RFE and I would prefere to pay them money and get
copies just to get some mental PEACE.

I had gone thru some kind this situation and bargained ....but no use ...at the end I PAID and stayed with that lawyer only....

Did you file G-28 with new attorney or not? This is very important in your case or else in case RFE notice was generated it will go to old attorney.

Do it quickly.

Regarding I-140 approval notice and other things. Better to have them handy, instead of waiting.

I would say if you are worried about money. Get employer statement in writing or e-mail or what ever mean to show it as a proof. After dust is setteled down then you can sue him.

1. You can get copy of I-140 approval and the underlying labor approval using FOIA. Just fill that FOIA form and mail to BCIS, you will get all those documents with in 60 days.

2. With the help of new attorney you can threaten your old attorney with ethics complaint, so that you can get all your documents from your previous attorney.

Edison...

How about...if your company is processing your GC? In that case they will not give any paper...so what is the best way to get I 140 documents.

I do have copy of my Labour...

-Sanju

Last edited by a moderator: