Cooperation of attorney

Alibaba

Registered Users (C)
How can you assure the cooperation of the attorney after you have chnaged job using AC21. Are they legaly obligated to send your paper and file to you ?

How have you tackled this issue ? Please suggest.

Thanks

IF they are paid by you then they are suppose to do the work for u and if they are paid by ur company who sponsered by your GC then they will listen to them. Best way is hire a new one and fire the old one.

As I understand if the law firm was engaged by the employer then they may not represent the case as there may be some conflict of interest. If you have engaged the law firm then I do not see any problem. In case of conflict of interest then you have to hire another law firm and transfer the files. What if the original law firm refuses to transfer the files?? These are just my thoughts

to abcdefg123

You have to sign special document (don't remember exact name) when you hire new lawer. Based on that new attorney will request to transfer all your files from previous. Refusion to send is against the law.
The special form (G-28 ?) should be signed and sent to INS, otherwise all correspondence will be send to the old address, but be prepare to RFE :)

i changed emplyr but retained lawyer

I changed employers 8 months after filing 485. When I had made up my mind and completed the paperwork for the new job, I asked my lawyer if he would continue to represent me after I took up the new job (I made it clear I wiould pay for everything from that point on). He said yes and since then I have applied AP + EAD renewal through him.