Converting from concurrent filing to consular processing

bigbadwolf

Registered Users (C)
How do you guys feel about this? Any comments? I am not sure but I have a hunch that this may be quicker in NSC. I dont know how long it would take to convert though.

Yeah I know there are trade-offs in every case. I think this might still be a better option. Since drop box has been eliminated, it may be painful to get an appt for consular processing in the near time.

registrationid said:
If you'll dont mind, could you'll please share the (private message) thoughts in the forum.
Thanks

Here it is.
Elnegro

Well, like everything there is a tradeoff.

140s for CP are getting approved in aprox 60 days (if you look at other threads). BUT you can not have AP and EA. Then is up to the Consulate of your country to process this. Some are faster, some slower. Some are easier on the evaluation, some are harder...

I am in the same boat and I would wait. At this point we still do not know what NSC will do. Maybe we start seeing concurrent approvals soon...
Elnegro

bigbadwolf said:
Yeah I know there are trade-offs in every case. I think this might still be a better option. Since drop box has been eliminated, it may be painful to get an appt for consular processing in the near time.

Not only that. I know there is a 3 month period where your approved 140 goes to another location. Then everything is sent to the Consulate, who will take the necessary time to review the application and will give you an interview date (in your country).

Then you have to travel there for that interview. Sometimes they ask for more info since you are not in the US anymore.
I wouldn't recommended at this time.
Elnegro

unitednations,
Qs for u:

1. About the case who applied for 824 in parallel with AOS, if the 824 was received by the cis, how come they issued AOS and not cancel it. Even if CIS did not approve the 824 by the time they issued AOS, isnt it that the AOS is considered terminated by the fact that the applicant initated the process of termination by applying for 824 in the first place.

2. My NSC 140 case RD is Sept 27. I am also thinking of going for CP. If I apply for 824, is there sufficient data to assume that NSC would move the 140 case from AOS queue and put it in some CP queue where 140 case gets processed faster?
- Is there a concept of seperate queues at the 140 stage itself?
3. If I decide to go for CP, at this point of time, do I have to just file for I824 and wait till the 140 case gets approved ?
4. Can I schedule an interview with the consulate based on the Receipt number of 824 application?
5. Finally, a question of ignorance...my 140 case was all prepared by an attorney...is this same as AC140?

In I - 140 application I have opted for CP .
It is my understanding it takes approx six months to get CP interview date at Mumbai India consulate after 140 is cleared.

To make it faster one of my friend has suggested following option.

"
If you have opted for CP processing during your I-140 then as stated above it will take max of 6 months to 8 months but in case you haven' t stated that then you need to file I-824 to change the process from AOS to CP and after getting the receipt your lawyer can forward your papers and approval and the I-824 receipt notice to Mumbai consulate as AC-140 case and then you should expect every thing in 2 months time frame "

Questions:

1] Does in meam that going through I 824 is much faster than going through direct CP.

2] How long does it take to get I - 824 receipt.

3] I have mentioned CP as my choice on I 140 application. Can I still go for I 824.

Pl advice

Thanks,