Conversation with IIO and July, Aug 01 Tracker

Zero

Registered Users (C)
Good Morning Guys,

In all my despair, I picked up the receiver and dailed INS Neb service center. In 3 mins or so, 'Good Afternoon!' - a Solemnly sounding voice greeted me. 'Well! That depends on what you are going to tell me' - I thought. I am calling to see if you can give me any more information than your automated voice has been giving me for the last month - I said. I had received and replied an RFE for employment verification and the automated voice has been saying that it was received by them.

'What is your receipt no. Sir'? The voice enquired. 'LIN0127352XXX' I replied. 'Just a minute, please!' ... 'Well! I see that we have received your reply to RFE on Dec 19th' ... '(sigh) Ok!' - I could feel the heat in me roll a sweat off my forehead. She continued after a pause .. 'and I see that it was assigned to the officer the other day' ... 'You mean it has taken 34 days to go from Receiving to the officer's desk?' ... 'That is correct, Sir!' ... 'How much time to do you estimate for the officer to open the file? .. I asked irritated. 'Well Sir .. that depends on the officers load'.

I lent my empty thanks to the voice and put the receiver down.

Guys, While we all share this grief, Could we also track July and Aug 01 case details. Please post your Receipt Date, RFE (if any) details, IIO call experience and What your Attorney is thinking is happening in NSC.

My details :

RD - 21 Aug 01
ND - 25 Sep 01
RFE - 12 Dec 02
recd by INS - 19 Dec 02

Have called NSC twice.

1 Call - 1 week of Nov - was told ' You will hear something in 2 to 3 weeks'.
2 Call - 23-Jan-03 - was told 'It was assigned to the officer the other day'

My Attorney's comments about Freeze - 'There is no freeze .. it is just slow!' - duh!

my case was assigned to the officer on the 1 st of nov when i called them in nov they told me my case was assigned to the officer and my case would be apporved in three weeks . this was the same reply when i called in dec. when i called in jan they said it would take two months for the case to get approved. i think i have to call after two months again to check. i hope this does not continue

My case was assigned to the Officer on 12th Dec and whenever I call, I get a reply it is pending for decision. I think the operator talks to us cannot give any info other than what she sees in her screen. I think this has to do with the system upgrade for FBI check and it is still not completed at NSC. When INS says the freeze is lifted, technically they are correct as VSC is approving.

RD 22/8
RFE 11/25 (for employment verification)
RFE received and replied 12/3
Recd by INS 12/6
AD ????

grcd2001, I really hope you are right!

It sounds logical to me and I really hope we start seeing approvals soon.

Thank you for posting your comments. Vannakkam and grcd2001, what does your attorney think about it?

Thanks again.

OCT 30 RFE recd still waiting ...

RD Aug 24, 2001
ND Sep 26, 2001

RFE OCT 10, 2002 - Updated Employment letter
RFE received OCT 30, 2002

Still waiting .....

Haven't talked to IIO yet... can't get thru

Now guys, if you don't mind a slightly unrelated question:

How long are medicals valid?
I did my FPs 13 months ago .. looks like I have to fp again in 2 months. Why do they want to FP again? It's not like your Finger prints have changed. Can they not use the old one itself?

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Zero,
I am also waiting for a response after replying to an RFE. I did have a question/thought. From what the IIO told you over the phone they are ASSIGNING your RFE response to an officer...shouldn't it go to the original officer who posed the RFE and this case why does it take more than a month to land on his/her desk? I think it would be most ridiculous if the RFE response goes to a new officer...Any thoughts:confused:

hi i read in some ins site the time it takes from recieving the rfe and sending it to the officer varies from person to person for eg my rfe was recieved by the ins on the oct 9 and it was given to the same officer who isssued me a rfe on the nov 1. when i asked them they told me if u are lucky ur file might go to the officer within a week if not take takes more than 3 weeks for the file to go to the officer. if u need more information u can go to murthyand see or go the immigation site and see

I just spoke to the IIO

My 485 case is July 31, 2001. I had sent a response to the RFE on 19th November (RFE for employment and BC).

I spoke to IIO just a few minutes back regarding this case. It was explained to me that NSC is doing background checks on all the cases and that process is manual. They are not currenly approving any 485 applications. Based on the case load, she told me that my case should take about 3 months (at the minimum) and it should not surprise us if it takes about 6 months.

She told me that the case is always assigned to the same officer who raised the RFE - unless that Officer is not working any more.

Keep your hopes up. I know we are all in the same boat. I am very very dejected and disappointed.

Rastamandrum

You are right! The lady told me that it was assigned to 'THE ' officer the other day. So I assumed it is the same officer.

And thank you all you guys for your input. Lets keep this going.

Manual background checks? Even assuming that is true, why wait for Approval on cases manually checked ? They have to come up with a better excuse (at the least!).

Please also share what your Attorney feels is going on.

Rastamandrum

You are right! The lady told me that it was assigned to 'THE ' officer the other day. So I assumed it is the same officer.

And thank you all you guys for your input. Lets keep this going.

Manual background checks? Even assuming that is true, why wait for Approval on cases manually checked ? They have to come up with a better excuse (at the least!).

Please also share what your Attorney feels is going on.

Talk with IIO

I have just talked with NSC IIO. What he told me is that my case is with in an officer at the end of December. He suggested that it will take approx about 2 months to hear the decision.

Based on what he said, I think for RFE cases are almost all still with an officer. Also NSC is still freeze now, hopefully in 2 month it will lift. My guess is that NSC is still not approving any 485 cases right now

Anyone like to share thoughts?

Spoke with paralegal ...

I spoke with a paralegal (big firm in chicago) and he said he spoke with a "live officer" (IIO) at NSC on the 14th of this month. The IIO apparently said that the freeze has been lifted but the paralegal says he is yet to see an approval from NSC post freeze.

The only cases that are getting approved are local INS transfers.

Another July case

RD: July'19,2001

RFE received by INS on OCT'8TH,2002

As per the phone they assigned it an officer on OCT'30th,2002.

I called several times and most recent last week they told that it is with an officer...........

Please share keep sharing information..........

Thanks,

One Approval from Rupnet - engyes , RD- 08/20/2001

Any ideas if this an approval from the service center?

Hope this week proves to be THE week!

Approvals

Engys was a local transfer. CSVAX, however, looks like a NSC approval. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Spoke to Ayyayo!
Rd Aug22, Nd Sep26, RFE INS rcvd 12/19/'02

This is the info I got from her
"Yes your case is pending. No updates for now. You might want to check back again after sometime, may be ,say, 3-4 weeks"

I thanked for all the information she gave.

I thought of asking a few more questions like the freeze, the imagined lifting of it etc... No use. Why bother. Doesnt seem like they have anything significant to share. The term Information Officer is a misnomer I think.

PS:_
Zero! I hope you are right in ur prediction.

RD June 29 '01
ND aug 12 '01
No rfe's

I have been in touch with local senator's office for some time. This is what the immi liason told me: late last week INS officers "received training," which seems to be a code word for "they have resumed working on I 485's. According to the processing time report the office got today morning, INS is making decisions on 485s "receipted" on/before August 1 '01. The senator's office has been telling me from day one that NSC is going by the day on which INS received the applications (you will see it in the online case status message), not the RD. So it's making "decisions" on applications with ND august '01.

This is what I got from the sen's office.
No point talking to iio's--contacting sen's office and working with the immi liason there is a better option. They often turn out to be helpful. The lady working with me is very polite and helpful.

Hi...I am in detroit too

which senator office did you call...

My friend called and they said...they cannot do much about the INS application...

I think now they do not care.......they used to...

Post the info so that all can call