Contradicting name check information from FBI and InfoPass

Mendota

Registered Users (C)
I am EB3. PD 05/2003.

I inquired FBI in 2005 and was told (by email and phone call) my name check was complete and results sent back to USCIS headquater in 11/2004.

But when I went for a InfoPass last week, I was told my name check is still pending.

I am totally confused and don't know which one to believe.

Is there any one in the same boat? How should I make further inquiry?
Through congressman or senator (which one is better?)

Hello,

I noticed the same with couple of other people and for me...USCIS says your name check is still pending ...But i have a feeling that when FBI finishes
the name check ...they will send that info to USCIS and they are not connected...So when your app is ready, then USCIS might pull that info...This is just a guess. I might be totally wrong.

-Ravi Surya.

FBI ASked to call USCIS for name check Status??

hi!

I am EB3 PD 07/2002 India recently I did my FP3 Code1 no lud till now I call USCIS & talk to lady at NSC first she said she has no data weather name check is cleared or not but she can see FP done on 03/27/07 I requested to check she was nice & polite asked me to hold & let her check other side (which side I don't know) after 30 second hold she yes name check is clear for me & my wife & she does't see any other problem except visa availability i.e PD not current whaen I asked her when will I get my case approved she said that she don't know. whats that???? FBI no longer providing satus to individual only to agencies i.e USCIS

Hello Mendota:

You said you inquired FBI in 2005 for the name check. Could tell me how you did it? Email address or phone# you could provide?

I'm EB3 PD 2003. I-485 pending on FBI name check.

Thanks

I am on the same boat, while i have been waiting for the I485 for two years now, what i just found out from FBI is that FBI already completed the name check 2 years ago and sent back to USCIS, what the heck is this?

Please keep this thread alive so we can furthur discuss what should be done in this situation.

I had the same situation. Nc cleared 2 years ago and uscis says still waiting for nc. Well, I wrote a letter to FL Laura Bush and that got things moving. She forwarded my letter to both uscis and FbI. We got a letter from FBI saying nc cleared in 2005. We made an info pass and our name check finally cleared in their system as well. So write to Laura Bush. You can get her address from the white house website.

As far as I can see from the forums (and I've been reading for quite a while), I've never seen the other way around, i.e., the info contradicts in the way that CIS says it's cleared whereas FBI says it's not. It's always FBI says cleared and CIS says not.

So, I think it's most certainly what ravisurya says... it's cleared, but it's disconnected and not updated in the CIS's system. If you still keep FBI's reply (you should), write a letter to CIS with a copy of the FBI reply attached or bring it to infopass -- I believe that should probably do it.

I am EB3. PD 05/2003.

I inquired FBI in 2005 and was told (by email and phone call) my name check was complete and results sent back to USCIS headquater in 11/2004.

But when I went for a InfoPass last week, I was told my name check is still pending.

I am totally confused and don't know which one to believe.

Is there any one in the same boat? How should I make further inquiry?
Through congressman or senator (which one is better?)

wondering if cleared or not

In September I got a letter from USCIS on a service request I placed. The letter is as follows
"Processing on your application is dependent upon the availability of a 3rd preference employment based visa. When your priority date becomes current your application will be assigned to an Officer for review."

This gave me some hope that may be my name check got cleared. So today I took infopass and found out that the USCIS system still shows my name check as pending. My wife's name check is cleared. My 485 was sent March 2004 and my PD is Nov.2001 EB3-IND.

I sent a letter to FL and called up my senator to pursue the name check.

Mendota,
I found this template on this forum and edited this according to my situation. Hope this helps.

Your Name, Date here
Your address,
City, State, ZipCode.

First Lady Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20500

Sub: Expediting FBI Name Check for Green Card (I-485)

Respected Ms. Bush:

My name is xxxxxxx live in xxxxx, XX. I am writing this letter to you with a request to kindly help in expediting my background check with FBI that has been pending for nearly 1 year 6 months now. Traditionally the process takes maximum little over six months. Here with I am giving more details

/* Here Write about your hard feelings regarding your story since you came to USA and why you need green card blah blah…story should be like heart melting  */

I would really appreciate if you would spend some of your valuable time to contact FBI and help in expediting my case. I do understand that under current circumstances of Homeland Security is of primary importance, but all I am asking for is an opportunity for someone to look into my case. My details are posted below. If anything else is required from my end, I will be more than happy to provide the information.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Signature
xxxxxxxxxxx

Name:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
A#: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Receipt #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Place/Country of Birth: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Current Address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I truely envy those people who got their name check cleared. In our case, both my husband and I are still stuck in the name check since June 2004. Tried through Senator, so far no luck. Just send letter to FL, not sure if it will work. I just feel hopeless, and have doubt if we ever will get through this. :(

I truely envy those people who got their name check cleared. In our case, both my husband and I are still stuck in the name check since June 2004. Tried through Senator, so far no luck. Just send letter to FL, not sure if it will work. I just feel hopeless, and have doubt if we ever will get through this. :(

I share you feelings. My name check started in Aug 2003. I tried every means posted on the forum except WOM and still don't know for sure if it is cleared or not.