Continuos and Physical requirement regarding N400

mkotwani

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I'm filing for my N400 based on marriage to a USC. I meet all the requirements, but i took a trip to India starting 11/18/2011-01/10/2012(54 days). I'm a little confused on the "continuos and physical" requirement clause.
Can i still send out my application ASAP, or do i need to wait till i actually finish 3 months of "physical and continuos" residency which will be in April?
We also moved apartments within CA(80 miles away) last month. Does that change this requirement of "continuos & physical" residency?
I've had my green card since early 02/2009.
I'd really appreciate the help on this query.
Thank you!

See my answers in blue

Hi,
I'm filing for my N400 based on marriage to a USC. I meet all the requirements, but i took a trip to India starting 11/18/2011-01/10/2012(54 days). I'm a little confused on the "continuos and physical" requirement clause. That won't be issue at all
Can i still send out my application ASAP, or do i need to wait till i actually finish 3 months of "physical and continuos" residency which will be in April?
We also moved apartments within CA(80 miles away) last month. Does that change this requirement of "continuos & physical" residency? As long as your move is local and within same uscis district, you are fine, it doesn't break it.
I've had my green card since early 02/2009.
I'd really appreciate the help on this query.
Thank you!

Hi,

We also moved apartments within CA(80 miles away) last month. Does that change this requirement of "continuous & physical" residency?

Thank you!

As mentioned by the previous user, if you have moved within the same district that is served by the same USCIS office in which you are going to file in your citizenship, then it will not affect your physical residence requirement But since your address has changed now, you need to intimate it to the USCIS within 10 days of moving to your new address. Use form AR-11 to intimate the change of address.