Continous Residency for US Citizenship

citizen_hopeful

Registered Users (C)
I will be eligible to apply for citizenship soon. Below is my case, I would like to know your views, if getting US citizenship is a problem in my case?

* For the las 2 yrs I have been working remotely from home for a US company.
* In these Last 2 yrs, I have made approx 30 trips to Canada (to visit my wife there), i.e. One trip every month, each trip being approx 15 days or less.
* On any given day (for the last 365 days), I have not exceeded 157 days outside US.
* Never travelled outside the US in the first 3 years after GC.
* Been a total of 300 days outside the US in the last 2 yrs.
* I have paid my US taxes for all the years.
* I have been living & working in the US for the last 5 yrs, paying my Apt rent, Car loan, etc.

Thanks
USCitizen_Hopeful

You'll probably be ok, so long as you can make it easily understandable to the IO that you live & work in the US and are just visiting Canada.

Thanks! for the reply. Another qstn, with N-400 Appln we generally send the GC copy, 2 color photographs & Persnal check of $675.

Do you think it is a good idea to send a cover letter explaining my situation along with the N-400 Appln & supporting documents below?
* Apt Lease& Rent Receipts for last 1.5 yrs
* Paystubs for the last 1.5 yrs
* Income Tax Return ..say for Last 4 yrs (Both State & Federal)

Or Just send the standard docs with N-400 appln & wait for VSC to get back?

Hi

I have a question regarding employment. Since last five years I gaps in my employment and applied for unemployment for about close year during the recession period 6/2002-4/2003. My question is, since I only need to show the employment for the last five years, from 9/2002 through 9/2007, should I need to show the employment prior to 6/2002 or starting from 5/2003 through 9/2007. in other words, should I need to indicate employment for e.g as 6/1999 through 5/2002; 5/2003 through present. Appreciate any help

Also, how do I verify my employment history to make sure the dates of my employment is correct? Is there any reputed agencies that does this? I am not sure about my date on one of my employment. Thanks for your help.

Driving records: Do I need to send my driving records abstract (from DMV) along with N400? Regardless, I am thinking that I need to verify my driving records for any tickets. 1) My license was suspended for non-payment on parking tkts but I cleared it - this happened almost 5 and half years ago. I am assuming that I don't need to disclose on the N400. Is that correct? Also driving records abstract from DMV will be only for the last 5 year period.

Do i need to include the parking tkts as well?