Contact MI Senator / congressman

vu0809

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 has been pending with the NSC since July 2003. My lawyer had initiated an inquiry last October but there has been no progress on the case. I was wondering whether it is a good idea to contact a senator or a congressman. Please let me know how you go about doing that - whether you can fill out the web form to contact the senator and do they respond to that. Or is it better to send a letter in the mail. I am from Michigan. Can you tell me which MI senator / congressman is the most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Dude, July 2003!!! I think you can even call NSC yourself! And your lawyer is absolutely overpaid, however much you are paying him.

Call NSC ASAP. Meanwhile, you can find out your local legislators on AILA's website.
And consider change an attorney.

vu0809 said:
My I-140 has been pending with the NSC since July 2003. My lawyer had initiated an inquiry last October but there has been no progress on the case. I was wondering whether it is a good idea to contact a senator or a congressman. Please let me know how you go about doing that - whether you can fill out the web form to contact the senator and do they respond to that. Or is it better to send a letter in the mail. I am from Michigan. Can you tell me which MI senator / congressman is the most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

vu0809 said:

Thanks in advance.
Michigan -
US Senator - Ms Debbie Stabenow
Southeast Michigan Office
243 W.Congress Suite 550
Detroit, MI 48226
Phone: (313) 961-4330
Fax: (313) 961-7566

Call this office.

You can send an email to senator with your case information and A#. Their staff will enquire . I did in my case michigan senator Debbi Stabina and co-incidently my case got an RFE on same day evening. I donnot know whether they contacted immediately after emailed but they called me on monday and informed i have an RFE. They responded within 3 days. So have a try.
Goto following site select your state and it will list all the senators in that state. Select which senator you want and email them with your information on thier web site itself..
http://www.senate.gov/