Consular Processing - Please Help

honey_please

Registered Users (C)
If I-485 is recently approved. Can person go back to India get married and through consular processing bring the spouce along?

Please please reply soon!

honey_please said:
If I-485 is recently approved. Can person go back to India get married and through consular processing bring the spouce along?

Please please reply soon!

Not, if you marry after getting 485 approval. Otherwise you have 180 day period after approval to file CP for spouse.

armie said:
Not, if you marry after getting 485 approval. Otherwise you have 180 day period after approval to file CP for spouse.

Thanks very much for reply!

I was married one and half year ago.

I-485 was approved 33 days ago. What do I need to file to CP for spouce?

Do I need to file I-824?

Please help me!

Your lawyer is wrong

honey_please said:
I spoke to a lawyer - she says there are no visa number available for EB3 :(
So even if I file I-824 (follow to join), it might take more than a year for her to get here :(

Your lawyer is wrong.
It doesn't take a year.
And I can prove it...please read the
Follow to Join thread that was given to you yesterday.

EB3 visa numbers will be released by Sept 15 2005.
So start gathering your paperwork NOW.

It doesn't take a year especially for folks from India.
It takes a maximum of 3-6 months.
Just stop feeling sorry for yourself and
start gathering the documents ok?

First of all don't panic, relax ,

Here ppl try to help you , but first u help them by sharing exact situation u are in.

Majoveto is right, go ahead and read FTJ thread from page 50-lastpage
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=96693&page=105&pp=15

Listen to ppl what they are sharing with u,

do not believe on attorney.

EB3 unavailablity is fact but has no impact on initiating and processing case,all they would do at intervew either would take in Oct/end of Sept. or even they would take before Oct they would reutrn passport in Oct once visa no available.

if u from india/pakistan no need to wait for 824 approval. u may send initial doc and ask to create initiate case for her. they would send packet 3 , she would follow the instructions, and then they would send interview letter. thats it.

Read FTJ thread first. and do not panic.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceofJungle said:
First of all don't panic, relax ,

Here ppl try to help you , but first u help them by sharing exact situation u are in.

Good Luck

Hi.

I heard people from Pakistan dont have to wait for priority date to do follow to join, is thats correct?

I'm in same boat - 485 approved and need to file follow-to-join.

Regards!

honey_please said:
Thanks very much for reply!

I was married one and half year ago.

I-485 was approved 33 days ago. What do I need to file to CP for spouce?

Do I need to file I-824?

Please help me!
May I ask you what you were waiting for all this time ?
You say you've been married a year and a half -- and you are thinking about getting your spouse here only now ?!?!

Good luck to you -- hopefully the consular folks won't consider your marriage a sham - from what you've told it definitely looks abnormal at first sight.

max2k1 said:
May I ask you what you were waiting for all this time ?
You say you've been married a year and a half -- and you are thinking about getting your spouse here only now ?!?!

Good luck to you -- hopefully the consular folks won't consider your marriage a sham - from what you've told it definitely looks abnormal at first sight.

She was completing her Masters.

Then there was some personal issues.

And there was an option to do follow-to-join.