Consular / Concurrent processing?

kutti80

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Could you please help me here. I have my labor approval and about to proceed further. Is this a better idea to go for consular processing or concurrent processing. I have Masters degree in US and all my experience is in US.

The only reason I fear about consular processing is that if that is rejected in India, what are the chances? I have W2s since 1997 (from my school too). But the W2s in 2001 and 2002 had almost 40K difference in the salary as I was laid off during that time. Apart from this, I have all the necessary documentation.

If I apply for concurrent, these days I-140 is taking a longer than expected after May 1st. Please advise, what is the best option. I want to make it a smooth ride. I don;t mind waiting for 2-3 years as long as my 140 is approved and have an EAD. I definitely need your help.

thanks.

In your case concurrent filing might be better and you will get EAD and Advance parole with it. With concurrent filing you can appeal if it gets denied, consular processing has no real appeals process.

As far as your W2s are concerned keep your fingers crossed cause they can be asked for by consular post or the service center (in case of concurrent filing) while processing your application.

Consult a good lawyer for best advise.