Consequence of revoking I-140

HasiruUsiru

Registered Users (C)
What are the consequences of revoking concurrently filed I-140 before AND after 180 days of Receipt Date(RD).

I'm sure. you guys would have discussed this much earlier. I really appreciate any kind of details or link. Thanks in advance.

same case with me

even my employer revoked my I140 after i quit from my employer by invoking ac21. my attorney said it would not be a problem.

chito

Did he revoke after I-140 approval or before 180 days. I would like to know more on this. I have been hearing that employer has no control over I140 after 180 days.... is that true?

This has been discussed many times. There's even a separate thread on AC21.

Though there have been approvals in cases where a person switched employers after 180 days of 140/485 filing and before 140 is approved, it is never safe to switch before 140 approval.

Even if the employer loses control over 140 after 180 days, what are the consequences if there is an RFE on 140? Would your employer support that ?

If one is laid-off and has no option but to use AC21 before 140 approval and after 180 days, USCIS may view it favorably and approve it. In all other cases I think one is taking a chance and I wouldn't do it unless I am laid-off.