Congress man can't help name check?

EB2Waiter

Registered Users (C)
Last Friday, I sent a request asking for help to speed up my security check process pending FBI related to my USCIS 485 case. I clearly stated the problem.

Last Monday, they sent me a letter and I received it yesterday. It states:

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell how long the clearance process will take, nor is there anything I can do to expedite it.

But I do learn that some people get help from congressman office on this forum. Does that mean I am just able to let congressman office to inquire my FBI investigation status? That's about it?

Thanks for your reply!

I was able to get response/name check cleared with the help of congresswomen. I did following to get response:

1. Requested congresswomen office to check status of my case with USCIS.
- USCIS confirmed that my case was pending with FBI name check and also about visa number unavailability.

2. I gave her general FBI contact number to check status with FBI.
- She got a reply from FBI that they will not take any queries or request to expedite.
- But next day some (nice FBI employee) called her back with Congressional Inquiries Unit fax number.

3. She requested status along with request to expedite the case process.
4. In the meantime I have send FIOA request to FBI. (You can get info about FIOA request in this site)

- Next week I got a reply from congresswomen office that my case was pending for 3 years and was cleared on that day. They also mentioned about my spouse case which was cleared in three days.

Now I am waiting for visa numbers to be available. Couple weeks ago, I got RFE about present employment, which we responded yesterday.

So you have to get Congressional Inquiries Unit fax number or request congressional office to get that contact info.

Hope this helps. My case is EB3-India with priority date 10/2001.

Good luck

Thanks! I appreciate your help!

What does

So you have to get "Congressional Inquiries Unit fax number" or request congressional office to get that contact info.

mean?

Do you mean that I should get the FBI contact number for congressional office? Where can I get it? I think it should be universal, right? So I can use the one you used?

Thanks a lot!

How to get help for Name Check?

Hey How to get help for Name Check from Congrassman office? Could somebody who successfully did it before please send your template here? Many thanks!