Confusion between RD and ND

coolio

Registered Users (C)
Please clarify this scenario,

If I mailed 485 on say 01-NOV-2001 that will be my MD (Mailing Date) no confusion.
 Now INS sends a receipt and updates the message saying that your 485 to adjust ... was received on 5th DEC. 2001 and we mail you ...)
 Now what is 5th DEC. 2001 , is it RD(Received Date) or ND (Notice Date)
 If it is ND that what is RD or if it is RD then what is ND

I know this question has been floating over and over but one of my friend really confused me on this issue yesterday. So any expert comment to clarify this issue will be highly appreciated.

It is ND in the AVM

When the AVM says that your application is received on a particular date, it is referring to your ND. On the receipt notice sent by INS, it clearly shows the RD and ND.

Reply to Coolio

Mailed Date MD is the date on which you mail the doc\'s to INS. Rececived Date RD is the date on which INS receives your application. Notice Date ND is the date on which ur case is picked up by the officer for processing and that\'s the date on the AVM message. Normally the order of the dates is MD, RD and ND. But sometimes the MD & RD can be the same date. And sometimes the RD and ND can be the same if the processing is very quick at the centre. Hope this helps you