Confusing Email From US-CIS

osm

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Myself and my wife's I-485 case was approved lastweek in Phoenix. The case was filed with CIS but was transferred to Phoenix for an interview. The officer put a stamp in our passports and said that the green card will be mailed within 3 to 8 weeks.

Today we get an email from USCIS that they have received our i-485 petition. The email says that it is 300 days to make a decision on this kind of decision. I looked at the web site for case status and the case status says the same thing. I was expecting an email that says your green cards have been ordered or some thing like that.

Does any body know what's goin on? Did any body else got the same thing?

osm

I dont think u should bother.

I have noticed a bunch of cases ( atleast 6 that i know of from WAC050035xxxx batch) that changed status from transferred to local office to application recvd in the past 2 days.
I think the local office updates the status when they receive the case, but sometimes it probably takes them a while to do that.
It may have happened that you were interviewed and pp stamped before they updated the status on your case to app recvd.