Confused: Which docs needed for Oath?

sanjit66

Registered Users (C)
My Citizenship Oath is tomorrow in San Francisco. I thought I have to carry only GC, DL, Passport and Filled Oath Letter, but the Oath letter asks to bring the following docs (these boxes are checked for both me and my wife):
1) Letter filled out
2) GC
3) Reentry permit or Refugee Travel Document
4) Any Immigration documents you may have

What do 3 and 4 mean? Does INS check boxes 3 and 4 for everyone?
I am confused....My green card was employment-based, so no refugee stuff for me....

thanks!
Sanjit

This is standard verbiage. The idea is to collect any active documents (active travel documents) you might have, but most likely they are not even going to look at anything. They take the OL and GC at the beginning and give you the certificate of citizenship.

I personally carried all advance paroles I was ever issued, and a copy of the EADs. They did not even ask.

My Citizenship Oath is tomorrow in San Francisco. I thought I have to carry only GC, DL, Passport and Filled Oath Letter, but the Oath letter asks to bring the following docs (these boxes are checked for both me and my wife):
1) Letter filled out
2) GC
3) Reentry permit or Refugee Travel Document
4) Any Immigration documents you may have

What do 3 and 4 mean? Does INS check boxes 3 and 4 for everyone?
I am confused....My green card was employment-based, so no refugee stuff for me....

thanks!
Sanjit

my oath is tommorrow as you in san francisco

dont worry about requirements part 3 and 4, people who obtained GC through asylum as me need to surrender our RTD BEFORE WE TAKE THE OATH

WBH/Dream,
Thanks for ur prompt responses!

All my travel docs issued by INS are old and expired. Currently, the only active docs are Indian passport and GC. Do I still need to carry the old travel docs?

Do I still need to carry the old travel docs?

I would think not but it might not hurt to have them. At my Oath they just asked for the filled in and signed OL and my GC.

Don't sweat it, but if you are nervous take a briefcase full of stuff. What does it matter? It will give you something to rest the SSA form on that you need to fill out after the oath. :D

I would think not but it might not hurt to have them. At my Oath they just asked for the filled in and signed OL and my GC.

An aplicant is supposed to turn in all old immigration documents at oath ceremony. USCIS only ask for GC and filled OL because they do not know you still have other doc like EAD travel docuemnts etc. At least they do not
know just by hand. If you got these doc before yout got the GC you
should already turn in thse documents at I-551 apppointments. You may
got other immigration documents after GC like re-entry permit etc or you
have an expired GC if you have ever renew GC. Again you are suppsoed to hand them all back to USCIS but USCIS staff at Oath ceremony do not even know you have them so they do not care.

You can keep them as souvirnirs but if you want to be perfect, you should bring them and give them back to USCIS