[confused]what kind of people get approved instantly?

chrisz

Registered Users (C)
After reading all people's interview experiences, I just get really confused.
some people get stamped on their passport right the way, but some others were put on the pending list.
Are those people get stamped becasue they had been waiting longer or what?

People who are on the pending list because
1.the interviewers are NEWBIE and they need their supervisor to approve the case?
2. their cases have been reviewed much faster and FBI names/backgroup check can't keep same pace.
3. lack of supporting doc? ( i don't think that is the case, since everyone pretty much bring same paper work)
4. the interviewer's mood.(maybe she/he has a good/bad day or the first express from a couple has some suspious point?)

I mean for the people who have gone through pretty much similar process(been waiting for long period, have enough paper), I am just thinking it is kind of unfair for those people who were put on the pending list(they don't know how long it will take) or on the FBI name/backgroud checks.

just a thought

You are confusing two things.
The FBI name check doesn't depend on the interviewer/officer, depends if the FBI return the results of your name check. Sometimes they do but apparently get lost or sometimes just takes time, remember there are thousand of people. I am not saying that is fair but is a fact.
If your FBI name check is pending even all your supportive document give you the approval and you pass the interview, they can't stamp or go ahead to issue your card because nobody will get the final approval until they get the FBI name check clear out. Some names came with a hint and that is sometimes when the problem begins because then they must made more search about it and nobody neither the USCIS knows how much it takes.
If you don't have any FBI name check pending then you get approved and will get your card, regardless of when you submitt your papers or where.

About the stamp, some District Offices stamp the passports like part of their procedure, not all do that. There are people who even they didn't get the stamp at the moment they return later on (if they need to travel right away) go back to the DO and they get the stamp, but that is at discretion of the District Office. I am not saying that will happen, but the person can try.

About if the officer is newbie, unfortunately that can happen but as I said that depends on the District Office. The USCIS has not enough interviewers neither officers for the demand they have and as you know not necessary all the money is going to their hands even we are paying, doesn't mean that all that money goes to them. In that process, you can have an appretince or somebody who doesn't have too much experience and they as part of their procedure need to request the approval of their superior and in this part is very unfortunate that they don't go and ask right away and get an answer, instead is the immigrant who must wait. Yes is unfair.

If they get suspicious of something they won't approve your case, you will be schedule for another interview, or ask for more supportive document or denied.

Hope that clarify a little bit.
Good luck,