• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Confused about the allocation cut-off number

mimib

Registered Users (C)
For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

What does this mean?
Does it mean that if your allocation number is lower then they will send you the second notification letter that month or does it mean that your interview will be for that month? I'm confused!

anyways my CN is 2013AF00026XXX
Does anyone have an idea as to when my interview might be?

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

What does this mean?
Does it mean that if your allocation number is lower then they will send you the second notification letter that month or does it mean that your interview will be for that month? I'm confused!

anyways my CN is 2013AF00026XXX
Does anyone have an idea as to when my interview might be?

It means that your interview will be for that month if your case number is under 22000. The 2nd NL should have been available for those people about 6 weeks earlier, back in December.

For you, it looks like April will be your interview month because you just missed the cut-off for March. The next Visa Bulletin will be March 2013 and will be released at the beginning of February. It will have March and April's cut-off numbers. Since your number will be current in April, you will get 2nd NL soon after the Visa Bulletin is released. I am current in March - I just found that out last week in the latest bulletin (Feb 2013). My 2nd NL was available very quickly after - two days later. They seem to be quicker these days.

Good luck!

one more question if you don't mind me asking. How did you receive you 2nd NL was it by E-mail?

one more question if you don't mind me asking. How did you receive you 2nd NL was it by E-mail?

when your number is current, you will receive an email (email which you entered in your forms) saying you have an update in the following link which is at entrant status check, and you need to check your status yourself and that's your 2nd NL.

possible for asia to reach visa limit..

by this lates prediction abt january..we are wondering if asia wouldnt be able to reach even half of all selectee numbers..which is totally about 23000.. is it possible that they realease double selectees but arent gonna get the half any visa??..if now 3000 have got interview..whhat about other 21000?...if this is true..its much much worse than last year with 12000 asian numbers...

by this lates prediction abt january..we are wondering if asia wouldnt be able to reach even half of all selectee numbers..which is totally about 23000.. is it possible that they realease double selectees but arent gonna get the half any visa??..if now 3000 have got interview..whhat about other 21000?...if this is true..its much much worse than last year with 12000 asian numbers...
Well my friend this is how it works ; they always take double selectees ( this year they took nearly triple)
To make sure they get enouph succes to fill up 50k visas.
Its a game lotto!