Conflict between US and Canada PR process?

gundamma02

Registered Users (C)
Is there any rule or law against having permanent residency processes ongoing for the US and Canada at the same time? I have a Canadian PR that is pending approval but I live in the US on an H1 status and am about to start my employment based green card process. Does that fact that I have an application open in Canada have any bearing or potential conflict with the U.S. green card process?

As far as I understand it the two are completely independent but I want to make sure.

Similar situation

Could I keep one PR (Canada) and wait for results for G.C. ( may take 3-4 years -EB3 RIR PD APR 2004). Should I take risk of commuting from Canada daily and working in US for next 3 years and apply for Canadain Citizenship before I get G.C.
Please give suggestions... How to handle this
Can I delay G.C. on 2nd stage, so that I can get Canadain citizenship first?
What will be good option to go consular processing or some other?Regards

Yes, they are completely indepedent of each other. You can get a Canadian PR and also have a US GC process going on at the same time. The Canadian PR rule is that, you need to live in Canada for 2 years within a 5 year time frame, to maintain the Canadian residency status.

gundamma02 said:
Is there any rule or law against having permanent residency processes ongoing for the US and Canada at the same time? I have a Canadian PR that is pending approval but I live in the US on an H1 status and am about to start my employment based green card process. Does that fact that I have an application open in Canada have any bearing or potential conflict with the U.S. green card process?

As far as I understand it the two are completely independent but I want to make sure.