***Confirmed*** - October Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

amigo777

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am starting a new thread for confirmed October Chennai interview folks. So far we have

mbm - Oct 28th
sunny-gc - Oct 28th
rvalla - Oct??
amigo777 - Oct??

Whats the deal guys...everyone who is getting cp interview in october are in the last week!

so far we have

mbm - Oct 28th
sunny-gc - Oct 28th
rvalla - Oct??
amigo777 - Oct 28th 8am
gfgc - Oct 29th 8am

When are you guys planning to leave for chennai? This will help me get an idea to plan my itinerary.

Thanks

qfgc

Hi,
I am planning on leaving for india on Oct 10th and returning on Nov 8th. I am based in Detroit, just checking if anyone else is from detroit too.

Amigo,

I am from Dallas. When do you plan on getting the Medicals done? Is there any restriction on the number of days before an IV interview, that we should have the medicals done.

Also when do they mail the packet-4? I have given my US address for P4.

Thanks.

qfgc

Is there any restriction on the number of days before an IV interview, that we should have the medicals done.
Answer: There is no restriction as such. Most medical reports are available the same evening unless if more check up is required. It is recommended to keep 2-3 days gap between interview and medical check up so that if you need additional tests then they can be taken care off.

Also when do they mail the packet-4? I have given my US address for P4.
Answer: Around 8-10th of the month for next month interviews. So October interview P4's have been mailed earlier this week and in some cases late last week. Takes upto 2-3 weeks for P4 to reach the attorney and then another 1 week to get to you from your attorneys. So you should have it by end of this month or 1st week of october. Else you can send an email to the consulate and have a copy of the appointment letter mailed to your indian address.

Qfgc,
Planning on being in Chennai from 24th Oct thru 29th Oct. Plan on getting the medicals done on 25th which is a saturday. I know Lister labs is open on saturday.

As for P4, gave the consulate my Indian Address, expecting it to arrive at my indian address in a couple of days.

Oct Interview - ???

Hi

My case reached Chennai between August 15-18. Was dispatched by NVC on July 30.

How did you guys get your interview dates ? Did you call the Consultae ? When we call them - whch dept/officer should we ask for ?

gfc - i am from DFW too ! How long before the 29'th r u planning to be in chennai ?

Thanks

Jkaipa

jkaipa:

Expect a sureshot nov 03 interview date.

How did you guys get your interview dates ? Did you call the Consultae ? When we call them - whch dept/officer should we ask for ?
Answer: One can find interview dates by sending an email to the consulate with your MDR number/ by calling them M-F 9am-4pm.

The person who answers the phone will tell you the status of your case after you provide him/ her with your MDR number.

Countdown Begins - Oct 29

Hello,

Got an update today. My interview is on Oct 29

I called the consulate Monday Morning (IST) to get this information.

The lady said that the appointment letter was sent to my Texas address and that the P4 could be downloaded from the internet.

Can someone help with what exactly I am supposed to
download ?

I was also told that I could bring print out the information about my interview from the website and that should be good.

Any similar experiences. I have always read that the original appointment letter is an absolute necessity !

Cheers
Jkaipa

When does Mumbai post the visa dates. I am running out of time and wish to book my tickets. All i have is an email confirming my interview next month.
thanks

congrats jkaipa on getting into the october schedule. FYI..make sure you schedule your medicals in advance coz the week prior to 10/29 is diwali and holiday week.

I think when the consulate said download p4 from web site. I think they meant prinout of the interview schedule once it is published. And the october schedule for chennai is published.

ddagsyn:

Mumbai will be posting the october interview dates either tomorrow (9/16) or latest by wednesday (9/17) during office hours for consulate in india which is 8am-4pm IST.

I missed the bus this time. My P3 Received date is August 26. Kind of felt greedy for the october interview.

Ever been to Vijayawada rail station? The trains usally waits outside the station for vacancy on the platforms. Just like that my green train is waiting at the Chennai Consulate station.

Good luck to all you guys!

so far for october we have

mbm - Oct 28th
sunny-gc - Oct 28th
amigo777 - Oct 28th 8am
gfgc - Oct 29th 8am
jkaipa - Oct 29th