• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

confirmation by KCC

They won't send a receipt. After a few weeks you can call or email them to check receipt.

What next - wait. Nothing will happen until your case number is current - they process in case number order starting in October and finishing on 30 September 2014. If you post your case number Region/RANGE (like mine in my sig) we can guesstimate when your 2nd notification will be.

2014EU000402XX. Any hope for 2NL ?

Can you try to estimate my chance by percentage?

Last edited by a moderator:
2014EU000402XX. Any hope for 2NL ?

Can you try to estimate my chance by percentage?

The highest EU case number for 2014 is around 55k - so your 402XX number is in the top 73%. On a global basis compared to all 125k selectees that means you are in the top 91k selectees.

It is possible that they could exhaust all the visas with less than 91k selectees, BUT I don't think they have done so previously - which means you should have a chance. If 2014 goes like 2013 you will anticipate an interview in August/September or 2014.

Good luck.

The highest EU case number for 2014 is around 55k - so your 402XX number is in the top 73%. On a global basis compared to all 125k selectees that means you are in the top 91k selectees.

It is possible that they could exhaust all the visas with less than 91k selectees, BUT I don't think they have done so previously - which means you should have a chance. If 2014 goes like 2013 you will anticipate an interview in August/September or 2014.

Good luck.

Hi Britsimon,

My Number is AS000094**, Could you estimate the possible date of 02nd NL and Interview? Furthermore on global basis what would be my position?

I would really appreciate your input on above and thanks for clarifying the queries of so many hopeful candidates :)

Ok. They confirmed that they got the documents. I want to know that if they have processed my information to the system and if i my documents are ok. What should i do?

Ok. They confirmed that they got the documents. I want to know that if they have processed my information to the system and if i my documents are ok. What should i do?

KCC would have created a file on your case. They won't tell you if you have made a mistake on your forms - they won't really know that until interview, so it is up to you to be sure you have completed your forms correctly. They won't do much more with your case until it is time to schedule an appointment for Consular Processing - and that happens in order based on your case number. NOTHING will happen until October at the earliest because they are dealing with DV2013 until September 30, 2013.

Hi Britsimon,

My Number is AS000094**, Could you estimate the possible date of 02nd NL and Interview? Furthermore on global basis what would be my position?

I would really appreciate your input on above and thanks for clarifying the queries of so many hopeful candidates :)

That is a good case number. The highest Asia DV2014 CN I have heard of is 26XXX. Based on that you are in the top 37% of Asia and IF that translates to a global basis you would be in the top 46000.

In DV2013 that number went current in July. I would expect 2014 you should go current in June or July, so you could get your 2NL in April/May for interview in June/July.

The numbers for Asia seem to have increased more than the 20% this year. That could mean USCIS were expecting high fraud levels in Asia this year or higher dropouts for other reasons (perhaps the economic challenges facing selectees/GC holders). That MAY mean the numbers move faster this year which might move the time estimates up another month - but we won't know until we start seeing the first few months of visa bulletins after October.

That is a good case number. The highest Asia DV2014 CN I have heard of is 26XXX. Based on that you are in the top 37% of Asia and IF that translates to a global basis you would be in the top 46000.

In DV2013 that number went current in July. I would expect 2014 you should go current in June or July, so you could get your 2NL in April/May for interview in June/July.

The numbers for Asia seem to have increased more than the 20% this year. That could mean USCIS were expecting high fraud levels in Asia this year or higher dropouts for other reasons (perhaps the economic challenges facing selectees/GC holders). That MAY mean the numbers move faster this year which might move the time estimates up another month - but we won't know until we start seeing the first few months of visa bulletins after October.

Dear Britsimon, Thanks for clarifying my query! I spent a lot of time reading various posts in the forum (at least until next football season starts) and your contribution here is really commendable! :) :)

KCC would have created a file on your case. They won't tell you if you have made a mistake on your forms - they won't really know that until interview, so it is up to you to be sure you have completed your forms correctly. They won't do much more with your case until it is time to schedule an appointment for Consular Processing - and that happens in order based on your case number. NOTHING will happen until October at the earliest because they are dealing with DV2013 until September 30, 2013.

Thanks Britsimon. In my case like if my photos was not received by them, would they inform me about the case?
Or something that makes the document invalid. Like not typing the Name and surname(for example.) Does the confirmation mean that my interview will be scheduled? If they could not process my documents, will i be able to send the documents later again for correction?

Thanks Britsimon. In my case like if my photos was not received by them, would they inform me about the case?
Or something that makes the document invalid. Like not typing the Name and surname(for example.) Does the confirmation mean that my interview will be scheduled? If they could not process my documents, will i be able to send the documents later again for correction?

First of all yes you can send the forms for correction - many people do that and it is normal (because addresses change and so on).

Second, I'm not sure what level of checking they would do on receipt. My guess is very little. For example if your photo is supplied BUT doesn't meet the requirements you may not know until you go for interview. Same thing for a typo in your name - they would take that at face value to start with (because they don't have your passport or other documents that could show the mistake. So - their checking will be very basic - again, it is up to you to make sure it is accurate.

It sounds like you are just stressing yourself out so unless you really think you screwed up somehow, just relax!!!

If you are unsure you sent everything correctly - then carefully prepare and send another set of forms - and then relax!!!!

Ok thanks. You say that i should wait for October, right? They said that i should start to check my status from 15th of august.

Ok thanks. You say that i should wait for October, right? They said that i should start to check my status from 15th of august.

15th August is when the September visa bulletin will be published which has the advanced notice info for October - so yes in theory your "2NL" could be as early as that bulletin for an interview in October. That actually depends on your Case Number. You'll need a very low CN to be processed in October. What is it (approximately)?

15th August is when the September visa bulletin will be published which has the advanced notice info for October - so yes in theory your "2NL" could be as early as that bulletin for an interview in October. That actually depends on your Case Number. You'll need a very low CN to be processed in October. What is it (approximately)?

Mine is in the EU 6K

On the 2nd NL is a section where they tell you to bring stuff to the interview if application was incomplete. So I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Any idea when I would be looking at getting an interview... Mine is Oceania 2000- 2100 range.