Concurrent I-140 & i-485

nair_ke

Registered Users (C)
Hello, All.
I have applied for my i-140, i-485 from California center a year ago.
still I-140, I-485 are pending.

I heard about California service center is planning to clear I-140, I-485 in about 90 days.
Can i reapply now for I-140, i-485

I will appreciate your suggestion.
Thanks.

nair_ke said:
Hello, All.

I heard about California service center is planning to clear I-140, I-485 in about 90 days.

Thanks.

You may withdraw and reapply if you are EB2 category.

nair_ke said:
Hello, All.

Thanks.

Dont withdraw ur application to reapply!! stick with old application

AP&EAD Approval

Hi Guys,

EB2 CSC Concurrently.

My PD is 03/24/2004
My Nd is 03/26/2004.

Fo done on 05/07/2004.

AP APPROVED on 05/10/2004 for me and my wife.Today i received 2 emails from USCIS.

EAD Also approved for my wife on 05/10/2004 for my wife.For me it is not updated.She received 2 emails from USCIS.

Regards
Kabish
:) :)

New-Just got labor approved

Hi,
I am new to this thread. My labor got recently approved.
I have questions about applying concurrently.

Should we send the I 140 and I 485 in the same envelope?
Or they need to be submitted separately. And also they need to be sent to different address or same.

The pilot program they are talking all these days is only applicable to EB2 or EB3 also.

Please do reply.
Thanks

I have the same question. If I-140 and I-485 are put into different envelops and sent to CIS with one month of difference, is the application considered to be concurrently filing. and therefore will the new pilot program or the concurrent adjudication apply to my application? Thx.

Thank You

Thank You so much. I heard there are more denails then RFE's going on is it true, if concurrently filed.

Beware

It is not advised to withdraw. Pilot is a mirage. Also lately a memo from USCIS says this kind of withdrawal and reapply are deemed to be denied.

From Immigration-law.com
05/14/2004: California Service Center Concurrent Adjudication Pilot Initiation and Warning Against Abuse

We reported earlier that the California Service Center was launching I-140/I-485 concurrent adjudication pilot program for the concurrent I-140/I-485 filing cases inasmuch as it is non-National Interest Waiver case and filed after certain date. Qualified cases were supposed to be adjudicated in less than 90 days.
Apparently, CSC is concerned at this time that those who have already filed concurrent I-140/I-485 cases or I-140 petition alone may withdraw the pending cases to refile a concurrent I-140/I-485 case to take advantage of the pilot program.
AILA reports that CSC will not take such withdrawn-refiling cases qualified for the pilot program and will not adjudicate such cases concurrently. It appears, though, that such decision may raise a legal question of arbitraniness in administration of adjudication function. It may also raise the issue of "equal" protection and fairness. The agency may create a "class" without permissible legal justification or constitutional basis just as seen in the "Francis" decision. We'll see.

Jharkhandi said:
Withdrawal is suggested cause application after a certain date will enjoy the benefit.

I-485 Help

Hello. I am planning to file concurrently. I have 1 question on I-485 part 2.

Mine is an employment based petition and at the time of filing I-140 is going to be pending. There is no option on Part 2 of I-485 where it says Immigrant petition is pending. It only talks about approved immigrant petition. Should i select this or check others and mention the eligibility to apply for AOS?

Any advice?

140 & 485 filing

i am planning to file fresh 140 & 485 from CA using a preapproved labor. Is their any risk associated? If not then how much time should it take. thanks!!

Any one Applied for concurrent 485 After Apr 30 and got the Receipt

Hi,

I applied for 485 in California Service Center

140 RD : 09/19/2003 (Labor Substitution)
485 RD : 05/15/2004
485 Last updated : 05/19/2004
Status tells processing takes B/W 730 days to 730 days.

I want to know if any one applied concurrent 140/485 and what does 485 Status say how many days processing does it say ???.

Thanks And Regards

Hi longwaitgcca,

My I-485 online message also says it takes 730 days to process.

What about your I-140 online message?

qdotlu said:
Hi longwaitgcca,

My I-485 online message also says it takes 730 days to process.

What about your I-140 online message?
qdotlu,

My I-140 online message says it is 360- 450 days.

is your AP,EAD approved ??.

I want to see if any one applied after april 30 and got 485 online message as saying 90 days.

Hello friends,
can any one let me know some info.
i had filed concurrently for i-140 and i-485 NSC and my RD is
April-26-2004 , and i got my FP notification on May-24-2004.
i will proceed with FP on June-25-2004.
( is there any way to know if my filing is in the new pilot project )
My H1 is valid till Feb 2005
i intend to travel to India during August for marriage
Can i travel on my H1 after my FP?
and can i bring my spouse on H4 and add her to my GC/i-485 etc.
Thanks for the help
lina

Is It All Worth Spending Six Grands!!

Any Suggestions!! Is Their Any Point Is Filing 140/485 Concurrently From California Using Some Preapproved Labor. Is It Also Risky?

I remember reading in Murthy.com website that withdrawing the petition and refiling into another category doesnt serve the purpose of refiling. So, I guess you can as well wait for the old one to get approved.

Want GC Soon :)

EB3 Concurrent Filing

WAC 03165...

I140 and 485 Filed concurrently
RFE on 1 140, RFE Resonse date:02/26
EAD and AP approved on 05/26

Does any one know if they are going to clear I140 and 485 together?.

7th year extension

I filed labor in Feb'04, now have my labor approved and EAD. 140/485 concurrently filed. Do I need to file 7th yr ext. My present H1B (6yrs) valid till Mar'06. If yes, when should I file?