concurrent I-140/I-485 - EAD and AP processing time

kiran_t

I am concurrently filing for I-140 and I-485. Since my spouse is on F1, we are applying for EAD and AP too. We have travel plans in Feb 2008. How long would it take for processing for EAD and AP? Since I am concurrently filing for I-140/I-485, would EAD and AP be processed only after I-140 is approved?

Thanks in advance for ur reply.

if you have a h1 visa stamp which is valid during the period of travel , I believe you can travel on H1 visa and you dont need to use your AP.

Better check with your attorney ..this is what my attorney told me.

EAD and AP are based on your I-485 filing, and I-485 is based on I-140.

EAD and AP will probably get approved faster then I-140 and I-485. However, if I-140 will get denied by some reason, your EAD and AP will become invalid right away.

If you hold valid H1 visa and stamp in the passport, use it for re-entry to the USA. Also, you will still maintain non-immigrant status, which may help you in case I-140/I-485 will get denied.

I used H1 visa stamp many times to re-enter US, last time I entered US on H1 15 days before H1 expiration and I had no problems at all. Officer asked me what I am supposed to do when my H1 will expire, I said I have pending I-140/I-485 ... and he stamped passport ..

not sure now since bulletin has released today. now i seems to be not psibale. its shock bomb.