Concurrent Filers & Most Question on AC21 answered

Very Helpful!!!

"With regard to the portability rule, we strongly suggest aliens under this category wait for the approval of their I-140 before changing employer. If the aliens feel like they really need to do so before the approval of I-140, there are two suggestions. One is to strictly follow the 180-day rule, i.e., to change employer (if they really feel like to) 180 days after I-485 is filed. The other is always ask new employer to file new H-1 or L-1 for them before they leave current employer, so that they have valid H-1 or L-1 status during the I-485 pending period."

Thanks a lot for providing the link!!!

you're welcome update from VSC

Since I filed concurrent I got the update from my lawyer that he called & they said that since you filed concurrently you have to probably wait for another 4-6 months before the approval becuase all the concurrent cases have been set aside and they will be probably adjudicated together. So that would be probaby close to 1-1/2 year for I140 and 1 Year for I485. I think I shud not have filed concurrent sh...
What a mess.

I140
MD: 05-28-02
RD: 05-29-02
ND: 06-04-02
AD: light at the end of tunnel

MD 10-10-02
RD 10-11-02
ND 10-11-02
AD: I don't know

131/765
MD 10-10-02
RD 10-11-02
ND 10-11-02
AD 11-24-02

confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude ,

Did u mean 2002 ??? How can u file your I-140 in 5 /03 ?? We are still in April ??

Inshope

Do you mean that both I-140 and I-485 will be approved at the
same time? Is that what your lawyer said?

Sept13

Sorry for the dates I corrected them

Yes Sep13 that's what was told to my lawyer from BS(I mean BCIS/ INS or whatever man).
Well I am ready for that 2 if they'll adjudicate together. Only hick up would be I applied that concurrent thing so that if I have to change after 6 month of filing 485 I could but now it looks like that I have to stick what I have low pay job for a while or as long as they keep me. But only relief would be if I have to let go then I can probably look for something on my EAD. Because my 485 6 months are going to be up on April 11, 2003. let's wait what happens I guess. All lost though why, why they did concurrent if they were planning to do approvals for concurrent and sole 140 seperate. :confused:

Here is the situation!

Someone is giving misleading information. 140 and 485 will be processed separately. I spoke with INS on wednesday and i was told that 140 will be approved separately.

Regarding the usage of AC-21, it is not advisable to switch employers before 140 approval because, everyone has the probability to get RFE's and you can't count on your old (GC sponserer)employer to reply for that RFE in time. A denial or withdrawal of 140 will void the EAD and life will be miserable... I got this advice from an attorney.

So, pray GOD for your quick 140 approval!!!

Thanks Meow Meow

meow meow thanks man. That was exactly what I was hoping for 2. I hope I would get the I140 thing out of my way soon, sigh.

Also how would you explain my delay of Jun06, 2002 ND and they are processing July/ August 2002?

I am also under the same impression but only ease might be or the only option in my scenario would be if God forbid if I let go then nothing else except taking the EAD chance and try to keep up on good relations with the old employer. I really don't want to get extension on H-1 because my H-1 6 year would be expiring Oct, 2003. So crossing my fingers and waiting. :)