Computer Enterprises, Inc, pittsburgh, PA. need information about this company

485vr

Registered Users (C)
Sorry for posting it here but need urgent info.

Does anybody know about this Indian owned company.
I have a job offer from them and want to know the details,
specially any bad things about the company. how are they in paying wages,
their benefits etc. etc.

Hi

If you have a stable job, stick with it.
Two of my friends who where with CEI for over 4 years, were terminated as soon as they came to bench.
Both of them were in different skill sets.

Thanks guys for ur help

futuregen; if you don\'t mind, pl. give me your friend\'s email. I would like to talk to them about some more info.

I am in a stable but shitty job. Though there is no gaurantee that new job will be any better , money will be more.

I am still thinking over the whole deal.

Any consulting firm offering job now a days shud be a great company !

My friend with US Greencard and 9 years experience (4.5 years in US in a hot ERP package) is trying for a job since 2 months. Not one company is calling him back not even one consulting firm...
I work for a very large consulting firm even thry are not taking new guys.
So if you have a solid offer , the company shud be great !!

Depends on your current status/position.

This is my take about any software consultancy firm these days.

The majority(90%) of s/w consultancy firms these days will not pay you when u hit bench(depending on the company gen they tend to pay for 0-2 weeks - 1 month after bench...ofcourse there are exceptions)

Based on this fact my suggestion is:
(1)If your 485 is approved & u are in bench join another company who has project for you.Try to join as hourly contractor if it\'s a consultancy firm, since they will not pay anyway when u hit bench, at least u will earn more in hourly contract.

(2) if u are still on H1 & GC in process ..be with your sponsoring company if the job is stable(as u mentioned).

There are other permutations/combinations based on your H1/GC specific stage.

Bottom line is I don\'t trust any software consultancy firms these days..especially during bench period.

no one is hiring indian h-b visa holder.

I know lots of my indian green card holder friends are having hard time finding jobs. There are simply no It jobs from indian decent.

Join the company dude

Join the company,
as long as they are paying you.

Remember keep in good terms with your old devil (Old Employer)
as he might come in handy at the time of I-485 Gymnastics.

Thanks

Thanks again for all the info...

I knew I can get help here as this is the most active board. I got my GC last Nov. through VSC/EB2 and this board was my lifeline for the whole process.

This new job will be a jump of about 10-15K (still negotiating) in my salary but job content will remain same. No technical gains here. Just wanted to make sure that I don\'t hear any bad things about the company.

india_485

As You are a GC holder, I think you can go ahead. As sanjay_agar said, all consulting companies are in the same stage. Bottom line is getting termination if on bench.This is very bad. Large consulting firms are not hiring. So if pay is good (again not good to negotiate in a range of 5K around the expected salary), you can join.

Also think whether CEI is putting you in client as soon as you quit the present company. Otherwise, though you have GC, this guy may play with you.So be safe.Join him only if you get selected for a long term project with CEI.

Good luck.