Comprehensive Pharmacy review...By leon shargeal??

Narmada

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
The book review says its more useful for NAPLEX.I want a good book for FPGEE.Is this a good buy.Also what do you think about the practice exams ( the book and test are available as a package too) as buy fot the FPGEE. Please give suggestions or your recommendations for a good study material for the fpgee.

Also the 5 th edition seems to be the latest....i am right?

Thanks,
Narmada

Hi Narmada,
When I took the FPGEE (a long time ago), I did study from the Comprehensive Pharmacy Review by Mutnick,Souney,Shargel. That was really the only book I studied from. I cannot remember the edition number and I do not know if the 5th edition is the most recent one.

Also, it took me 2 months of dedicated studying to pass the exam. If your study method is good and you do not have too many distractions (like kids, work, etc), I think its very doable.

After taking the exam though, I felt I might have gotten a better score if I had studied some more Pk stuff. For that I really don't have any suggestions for books. If your basics in Pharmacology, Med Chem and Pharmaceutics are good, you should be fine with the exam. And more material you have to study from would be better.

Hope that helps.

Diya

Hi Narmada,

I am really sorry to hear that. You could work as a pharmacy tech, but that really does not pay much at all. But have you considered getting an MPH or maybe even working in clinical research?

Just some suggestions. This situation with the NABP might work itself out. You really never know. If demand increases and there aren't sufficient pharmacists to fill up positions, then rules could change very quickly.

I hope for your case and several others in your position, that things do change.

Diya

Hi diya,

I live in Fl.So when i enquired around i did not find any M.pharm options.They do have Pharm D courses which again req this FPGee .
Can You shed some light on requirements for clinical research ? I Would love to go into the analytical field.Thats been my first choice always.Infact i was working in the analytical department in a Pharma company in India.
Again I dont know where to look for these jobs here...as i dont see many pharma companies around here.

thanks,
narmada

Leon shargel

dear narmada,

I am Rani and have recently applied for the FPGEE exam.
I was suggessted by friends to master Shargel for the exam.
Infact i am looking at the practice tests also. They all seem to be too expensive. Do let me know if u get your hands on to some.
According to friends a 3-4 month study would be good enough to clear the exam.

regds,
Rani

Hi Narmada,

When I said MPH, i meant Masters in Public Health. But if you do not really want to go through an intensive master's program, then you could contact a University which hopefully is close to where you are living.

Most universities have clinical research trials that are conducted in several medical fields. Now since you are not probably trained in that field, you could talk to some of the investigators personally, explain your situation and maybe work part-time just to gain some experience. There are online courses for clinical research associates, but I really don't know which ones are good and reliable.

Also, if you do not want to get out of touch with the pharmacy line, then you can always work part time as a pharmacy technician. Some states may not require that you need to complete the FPGEE to be a pharmacy technician.

Check out the University closest to you and see what they have to offer.

And in the meantime, maybe NABP might actually change their mind for people like you who have graduated after 2003.

Diya

Me and a lot of my friends used Comprehensive Pharmacy Review book by Leon Shargel. This is more than enough for FPGEE.

Leon Shergel is enough.

Hi narmada...well.\leon shergel is more than enough.....for practice materials...u should read menon shroff practice questions.it includes more than 1000 questions and exp.answers too.Myself samir shah from surat.Presently working asa pharmacist in muscat..trying for u.s.ask me if anything more u want to know...bye..

Narmada said:
Hi,
The book review says its more useful for NAPLEX.I want a good book for FPGEE.Is this a good buy.Also what do you think about the practice exams ( the book and test are available as a package too) as buy fot the FPGEE. Please give suggestions or your recommendations for a good study material for the fpgee.

Also the 5 th edition seems to be the latest....i am right?

Thanks,
Narmada

\hi rani..i have some practice materials with around 1000 questions and answers..if u need .i can give u author name.and all that....present in hurry...write u afterwards regarding the same....bye...samir..
akkarajus said:
dear narmada,

I am Rani and have recently applied for the FPGEE exam.
I was suggessted by friends to master Shargel for the exam.
Infact i am looking at the practice tests also. They all seem to be too expensive. Do let me know if u get your hands on to some.
According to friends a 3-4 month study would be good enough to clear the exam.

regds,
Rani