Compliments to IGATE\'s LD

supra

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I would like to use this forum to compliment the Legal Department at GATE capital for the great job they have been doing. We as I485 applicants tend to care about our individual cases and I think we have the right to do so, but if we pause to consider the ID point of view, one can only imagine how organized and hard working one must be, to deal with the volume of cases. I am certain that the people working at the ID must have been burning the midnight oil on several occasions and for that, the least we can all do is to stand by them and offer a few words of encouragement. Amongst the stack of I485 applicants there are individuals who are more fortunate and then there are those that are not so fortunate. Gate employees must consider themselves some where in the upper strata. It takes a lot of planning and sincerity to carry out such complicated tasks as the I485 processing, a benefit that many applicants might just not have.
Before the skeptics pile up on me, I would like to make it very clear that I do NOT work for the legal department and I am just another I485 applicant. Kudos to Tripti Noorani and her team.

No Title

deejjjaaaa .....actually I asked for it and the LD said "NO" so without their help (providing us the copies of approvals - LC & I140) one CANNOT go for CP.

This is to the main posting: YEAH RIGHT!!!! Some statements make me laugh my ass off!!

No Title

you can try to work through right people in HR (and do not tell me that there are no right people there - you just must use proper approach to proper people)... no one is saying that it is as easy as 1-2-3 - but it is not impossible... just don\'t give up...

No Title

Deejjjaaa

I take back my comments. My fault. Employer has to think of its benefit (and I have to mine) and Legal Department is actually working very hard.

No Title

come on... I am not about your comment - but as reasonable people - we have to understand that we made our choice ourselves... another story is that things can be done in a better manner...

No Title

I am also a fellow IGater and I think of all the departments IGATE\'s Legal department is the BEST!!!.Tripti never fails to reply(or shows off as is shes busy to reply ) and all the Legal representatives are very prompt to reply ,the maximum time period I had to wait for a reply was one hour.That is really something I think shud be appreacited..and I amke sure always I tell them that. Usually my HR manager enver cares to call me back or send me a reply promptly even for issues like "Hello did not recv my paycheck.I am not working for free".

And also,though keeping us in the company for longer,thats their strategy.But we also chose it..and they are not doing anything delibrately.(They did not change the name to slow down our GC)

No Title

IGATE LD should have filed for our proactive I140 last year itself. That would have saved us months of agony.

No Title

I\'d say - it should have filed for 100% of affected people - but they actually did only for 50% and then stopped for unknown reason... as a theory - may be they really believed in INS regulations about AC21...

No Title

Yep, I agree. LD has always been punctual in responding to my concerns. I think LD\'s task was always professional. I think after the reorg, it became a little bit complex to coordinate with various people and depts. TN and WR have always done a good job. Just look at it this way - for the amount of H1 processing, the GC processing and for so many years, the job was always done right.

No Title

FYI....they stopped long before even the AC21 was slated!!

Now its TOO LATE on arguing of what happened....just to say its "OUR FATE" to the hek of it!

TN and WR have always been nice to me/us but the guys operating them weren\'t.

I dunno what to say...I\'ve been with this company since 1995...employee/employer relation in this company was better till late 1997.

No Title

Yes,Even companies like Oracle,IBM\'s LD have done mistakes in LC filing by messing up with advertisements and stuff.And the LD of a company like Mastech which is a pure body shopping firm has done a wonderful job!! Kudos to TN and WR and their team.

Mastech did loose its Indian touch with replacing lots of desi guys with americans in the management..and that i think was a bad decision..

No Title

I agree with you all. I have been with Mastech/Emplifi over 5 yrs. now and I can say for sure that the LD in Mastech is the best I have seen when compared to my other friends employers LD. This is the one dept. in Mastech that we could rely on. You send an email and you always get a response within 24 hrs.

deejjjaaaa, you are great. Thanks for the great news of 7 more GC approvals.

No Title

It is hard to tell if LD is doing a great Job!
Of course, there is no doubt they reply to the
queries in a prompt manner. It is their Job!! They
are there to serve our legal needs. That does
not mean that they are doing a great job.

They would have done a great job if they had applied
for the Amd I140s when the Company was split. They
did not do that!!

No Title

Sorry, Your guess is wrong....they stopped during the first week of August. Even if it was september 15, ONE month is "long enough" to be "long before" if you consider the INS working pace which is what we are all concerned about.

No Title

No doubt that our LD has done a great job. Kudos to the LD. Especially, handling the I-485 volume in Aug/Sep 1999. Undoubtedly, they did a great job and also used the technology to everyone\'s benefit by providing the facility to enter all the forms on the web.
I am not trying to undermine their efforts, but I do feel that their efforts should have been better supported by the respective HR depts. One of the most unfortunate situations is that IGaters have always lived thru rumors and interestingly have got all communications thru this mill only. Our company issues are being discussed in a public forum like this. Since our company does not take such communications seriously, consultants discussing on such forums can not be blamed.
Classis example - we received some 50 odd I-140 approvals last week but not even one official word either from our LD or HR. Truly speaking, this I-140 approval is the single most important milestone in this tough GC journey after filing for I-485.
Also there were some major policy goof-ups like - not filing amended I-140 in 2000 ; not putting enough pressure on our lawyers to follow up with VSC on unjust hold on iGate cases...
At the same time, Kudos to the iGate consultants for showing enormous patience with the process.