Complicated cases!. I140 approval for CP or I140 done with other SCs.

4htyearnsc

Registered Users (C)
Very Important : Read the details form the following useres at ImmigrationPortal Forums. Please add your case and experience ONLY and ONLY "If your case belongs to a above category and I-485 with RD after 01/01/2001".

My case:
I-140 (VSC for CP)
RD : 07/5/2001 @ NSC
NO REF
AD : waiting.... I guess these kind of cases will get delayed by 4 - 8 months!!!

I am going to call NVC to find out details on my I-140. I guess its somewhere in India( my poor baby please come back soon...dad is missing you a lot...LOL)

++++++++++++++
Note : Please use "search" button and look for follwing users posting. You will find lots of chiling facts you might have never imagined about your case and may be wondering why its taking longer than others.

rpt2k
Radek
485check
WhenDoesThisEnd
follow_on
kgoginen
rverma
madsri
ak0900
4gc
5thYearNSC
NSC485Waiter
NSC_Year6
icy
tpp_1
Ddr
Suren
mikeco
++++++++++++++

Last edited by a moderator:
140 for CP, 485 with AOS

4th year nsc, thanks for your post.

My Details:
I-140 (for CP)
RD: 11/26/2001
FP, AP, etc. : DONE
AD: Waiting

case details

RD 6/12/2001
ND 7/27/2001
FP 2/22/2002
LIN 01 229 XXXXX

I-140 approved for CP but applied for AOS

Madras Consulate informed me that they do not have my I-140.

The IIO indicated there was "nothing on the case" that indicated they were waiting on "connection" - he also looked up my I-140 and found no mention of being sent to Madras Consulate (although in I-140 I had specified CP).

I talked to IIO about cases approved to CP in I 140 and she told me that they have a automated process to get the papers back from NVC if we apply for I 485 here… I also confirmed this with my attorney... please post your experience on this type of case.

Thanks

TSRAJAR

Continuation to my previous message......

IIO also mentioned that in some rare case they miss or don’t recall I 140 papers from NVC.. in that case it will take long time for approval, so better check with IIO when you see your RD's are getting approval in rupnet website.

Even My Lawyer had Applied my I-140 For CP. But I was Aproved pretty quickly.

I was Not Expecting my Approval for Another 6 Months Just because my Lawyer had Applied my I-140 For CP.

But :D Thankfully:D I got :D Approved :D on Aug 20 :D

RD Aug 17 01
ND Sep 24 01
NSC Eb3 -IND

IndianNewYorker

Hi IndianNewYorker

Did you or your lawyer made any special request to get the I 140 papers back from NVC?

Thanks,

Just want to share my own experience.
My I-140 was approved for AP. I did not know it until I filed for AOS. When I was ready for the last step, my lawyer asked me whether I wanted to go for CP or AOS. I chose AOS. I did not call NVC until this January. I entered my I-140 receipt number when I checked the AVM of NVC. The message is "We received the notice that you chose adjustment of status instead of CP. We will hold your file until the immigration service center requests it". And the message never changes. Then I talked to my lawyer, he told me the law firm sent out the notice to NVC and NSC indicating that I am going to do AOS rather than CP as soon as I chose the AOS.

I have been worrying about my case for a while, since I saw so many cases on this board. I called NSC on Aug 15th and was told that my case has been assigned to an officer. And it usually takes about one to three weeks to make a decision.

Then today I got to know from the AVM that my case has been approved on Aug 27th.

Detail:
PD: 1/3/2001
RD: 7/18/2001
ND: 8/28/2001
FD: 3/5/2002
AD: 8/27/2002

It only takes one year and a half for my whole greencard process. I would just say I am lucky. Thanks god so much.
I also appreicate all the posts on the board and the great website maintainted by greaty-k.

So long.

:p

Still waiting..

Thanks all for your input. My RD 07/05/2001 and ND 08/28/2001.
I called NVC's AVM and it says packet 3 was send to lawyer in feb/2001 ! which is different in yellowandgreen's case(see his posting). My lawyer mentioned that they neglected packet 3 without consulting me. AVM at NVC don't give you any option to talk to customer support. One more complication to equation, my I-140 was approved at VSC. Based on several posting, if you don't reply to packet 3, NVC will send your file to consulate abroad. Any input will be appreciated.

Qestion for follow_on

Hell follow_on,
Did you check NVC's AVM, what is the message? How u contacted Madras consulate?
Thanks in advance

I 140 approved for CP but applied AOS

I just talked my attorney.. and she told me to ignore the AVM message from NVC. For my case it says “ on March 2001 we have mailed you pocket 3……. Fill up that application and send it to chennai consulate for appointment” , does any one has any experience on this case?

Thanks,

Talked to IIO

According to IIO, INS always request for I-140. They will not approve any case until they have your I-140 file. Also, they are processing ND of August 24.

to 4htyearnsc

sorry it took me a while to get back, i had not visited this thread in a while ...

i sent a query to this consulate email address (ChennaiIV@state.gov). they responded within two days (and another colleague of mine also got quick response).

i specified my i-140 case#, (and details like rd/nd etc) and asked if it was with cons., if so did they get request to "get back" i-140 from nsc.

and in my case they said, "please contact nsc", meanwhile i had contacted nsc where the iio mentioned they had not even sent out the i-140.

nvc avm message

says " ... on apr 16 a packet 3 was mailed to the attorney of record ... please respond by <blip> ... "

What is the Ph. # for NVC?

Wud appreciate if anyone cud pl. give the NVC # here.

I wud like to confirm the status for my case too.

To INdianNewYorker,
Did your lawyer / Lawfirm also sent out notice to NVC (apart from NSC) that u have opted for AOS rather than CP?

Please post ur experience.

Thanks.
StillWaiting...

The AVM in our case...

... is still saying

"FP notice sent on May 2, 2002 ....."

Nothing reg. the FP status!

Even though it says "FP NOtice sent May 2, 2002..." we received the notice on Apr. 29, 2002. Also, there was second FP notice sent to us, dated May 20, 2002, which we received much later, after we got our FP done on June 3, 2002!

I hope our GC is going to be fine!

StillWaiting...

Hi stillWaiting2

I am confused.. did you get FP information from NVC telephone number?

Anyway by looking at rptk2 message (his I140 approved for CP and he applied for I 485 and got approved yesterday) looks like all our cases should be fine.

Thanks