Completed CP on Dec-19 Chennai

Ram Manu

Registered Users (C)
It appeared to me as if the whole process is a formality. I had a slight problem with medical, had to do a sputum test for 3 days. Basically had to waste 3 days of my vacation. Reached Chennai on the 10th, could not get the lab done because I didn\'t have a passport photo. Lister will only take samples before 10:30AM. So had the lab done on 11th. Called Dr.VijayaLakshmi office the same day. There were three other couples other than me. Had to wait for 45 min, since I was the last one to reach there. My X-ray was showing a small inflamation [according to the Dr]. She did my physical, did not mention anything about the inflammation at that point - did my wife\'s, called me back in and said I have to do a sputum test to rule out Tuberculosis. I had to go three mornings in a row to Lister, spit and come back. On the 15th, the report came back negative and Dr.VL gave me my medical report.
Everything in the conslate is a formality. However, I noticed one thing. They call people to submit their applications first around 9:30AM. If you go in first to submit the reports, the interview call will be last. So FILO kind of situation. So, I suggest you to hang around as long as possible to submit the application, so you will get called early and be done early.
Came to LA on the 7th, nobody in the immigration line. The lady took my finger prints and asked me to go get the luggage. Took 30 min to get the luggage. Came back and my passport was sitting on the desk with the stamp. You can imagine my nervousness for those 30 min.
One question to the CP gurus, the passport photo that they staple to the passport, are they[immigration people at POE] supposed to take it. They left mine on the passport.
Any questions are welcome

Appointment letter not required

To all of you there who do not have an appointment letter because you listed US address in packet-3, do not panic. The web page print out showing the case number and date is enough to enter the consulate. I was really scared about this, I went and confirmed with the security the night before my interview just to be sure. They let myself, mywife and kid [American born] go in with the web printout.

What are the Documents that were asked

Hi Ram,

I have a CP Interview coming up, I am still waiting for my tax returns( I misplaced them). So was wondering about what are the documents that were infact asked at the time of interview.

Thanks,
Jatin

No Title

Ram one more question, did you get the passport the same day from the US Counsulate because I am planning of starting the same night.

Thanks,

go to IRS office and take Tax Transcripts

if i were u, i\'ll keep an extra day even for Delhi where passport is returned the same day, madras I believe sends it by courier...pls confirm this by other successful Madras CPers posts..

Passport and Immigrant Visa is returned only the next day by Blue Dart Courier in Madras.

Photo stapled to passport

Hi Ram,
        Congratulations. Don\'t worry about the photo stapled to the passport. They also left the photo with my passport and I received the plastic card without any issues. Hope this helps.

Do the consulate accept the Transcripts

The documents needed for CP Interview include the tax returns for the last three years. I dont have the tax returns for year 98 and 99. I got the transcripts for these years but later I came to know that these are only the fedral tax transcripts.

I do have the tax returns for the year 2000 though.

Can somebody tell me if the counsulate insists on the Tax returns ?
Or if they accept the transcripts is the Fedral tax trascript sufficient?

Thanks for your time,
Kuldeep.

Tax

It took about 5 biz days for me to receive tax transcripts. The lady in the counter did not specifically ask me for those. One thing that may help you is, THEY ONLY NEED 2000 TAX RETURNS. The guy at the consul when calling to take applications even said that out loud.

In Chennai, they will not hand you the passport. They will send it via blue dart and you will get the next day. So, I advice you to change the plans and postpone for atleast a day

Tax Transcripts are fine

Tax transcripts are fine for CP. You don\'t need tax returns as long as you have the official transcripts. That\'s what I took for my CP and I didn\'t have any issues.

Worst Case Scene - pls ans ASAP

I am planning on to keep only 2 days before interview.
If i have a similar inflammation or some other problem(touchwood)
and are asked to visit Dr again, what would happen.
Could i still go to the interview and submit Dr. report later.

If submitting Tax Transcripts are we also expected to submit W2\'s?

Also, Can someone pls let me know the ph# and address of Konica Labs in Chennai, which is opposite to Chola Sheraton!

Thanks

Question about Tax Transcript received from IRS

I received tax transcript for 98,99,2000. It\'s just information about my taxes in a plain papers and not on their letter head. It looks like I have only typed it. They don\'t even have any stamp etc., on it.
So is this ok.
thanks everyone