Completed 5 years and 1 month. Labor not yet Filed. Looking for options

psathishreddy

Registered Users (C)
I have completed 5 years and 1 month on H1B1. My labor is not yet filed. I will be filing in a month. I know the rule that 7th year extension happens only if labor is filed 365 days in advance of 6th year completion.

I was looking for if there are any other options I have? What is the risk I can take on filing labor? How does 7th year extension work for me?

I really appreciate any input. Thank you guys.

Satish

psathishreddy said:
I have completed 5 years and 1 month on H1B1. My labor is not yet filed. I will be filing in a month. I know the rule that 7th year extension happens only if labor is filed 365 days in advance of 6th year completion.

I was looking for if there are any other options I have? What is the risk I can take on filing labor? How does 7th year extension work for me?

I really appreciate any input. Thank you guys.

Satish

If you are filing as a EB2 try to see if you can file I-140 and I-485 together if you are not from India, China, Pakistan. See the thread called "H1B 5th year, enough time to start GC? " by user billycert for a better explanation by user newbies.

I hope this help!!!

or you get I-140 approved and if you are retrogressed file 3-year extension. Or leave US for 2 months and recapture the time so your LC has been filed 365 days before again.

sanar said:
If you are filing as a EB2 try to see if you can file I-140 and I-485 together if you are not from India, China, Pakistan. See the thread called "H1B 5th year, enough time to start GC? " by user billycert for a better explanation by user newbies.

I hope this help!!!