Company Name Change ! Case Nomore On hold

ram123456

Hi Guys,

Today morning, I spoke to VSC IIO and she told me that my case is with an officer. When I asked whether my amended I-140 linked with 485,she told me that it is not in the system. I filled my amendment on 1st of May,no receipt yet. I am totally confused. Guys,How come it is possible if i140 amendment is not in the system but the HOLD is removed from yesterday onwards!!!!

No Title

anamalai,

did your 140 and 485 have a different employer name ?

Thanks

No Title

anamalai,

what was your 485 RD ? how long after 485 filed the name change happened ?
how did the INS know about the name change ?

Thanks

No Title

Can somebody call INS Vermont and find about the AC21? I am at work, I cannot call from here.

thanks
Rao

No Title

anamalai antipatti,
   How do you your case was on Hold? When you checked your status with IIO, did IIO tell you explicitily that your case was on hold?

No Title

My case was hold for more than 5 months like other company name change cases. I called more than 10 times IIO and get the same answer \'HOLD\'. But, Today, she told me initially its on hold and after going through some records, she confirmed me that hold was removed Yesterday onwards. I hope it helps

No Title

Phew!!! Does that mean I140 is no more needed?? Or are they going to Issue RFE\'s for people without amended I140\'s???

No Title

Thanks anamalai antipatti. I wish you get your approval very soon.

Looks like, VSC is started acting on the new AC21 guidlines. Hope hold on our cases go away.

Wish you good luck

No Title

Called IIO yesterday.
My case was also on hold since Dec 2000 for company name change. This time IIO said no more hold & decision will be taken within 30 to 45 days!!!

PD 4/97
I-485 RD 8/99
RFE 12/00 for Employment letter
Amended I-140 applied 4/30 no reciept yet

No Title

Hi All,

I have a similar scenario. My company got acquired after filing of I-140. INS Vermont sent me an RFE regarding Job Letter etc. I have supplied those with merger/acquisition information. I checked the AVM today and it says that they recieved the response to RFEs and it would take another 540 days to process. This is killing me.

Anybody went through the similar scenario.

Help!!