Company merger During 485 process " Urgent"

tafani

Guru\'s

Need your help! My company just announced a merger and is expected to close the deal some time in July and my i485 was filed in Feb. After the merger the new company is expected to keep us on for integration for another 2 months. Therefore i will be on there payroll until my 180 days are over but maybe under a different entity name.

Could anyone please advise how will this effect my green card process.

Best regards

if you complete 180 of 485 filing, before the...

the FIN number changes, means Tax ID number of the company, then I think you are ok.
Similar thing happen to me, my company didn\'t merge, instead broke into different small compies.I had completed my 180 days before they changed the FIN number. But lot of people didn\'t complete they had to file 140 amendment. My lawyer told me that I may get an RFE regarding Employment.

I hope this helps

Greaty

AC-21

may be used in a case like this, but the exact methof of implementation is somewhat uncertain. There is this person \'skh\' in VSC who changed jobs 1 month after filing I-485 and had a RFE but did not have any problems.
Amended 140 would be the safer alternative in my opinion.
Do update what you choose to do and why.

I had a similar issue-received approval

Filed labor as Company A
Filed I -140 as Company B
Filed I 485 as Company C

same location, and I think same Tax ID and received approval .DO not remember of any RFE,if there was all handled by the lawyer. A very good laywer i must say

Same Tax ID helps but ...

what happens in a merger/acquisition scenario especially when it happens after filing 485 - the question is whether amended 140 has to be filed or can AC-21 be used if RFE/interview occurs after 180 days of such date.