Company Closed

gcard

Registered Users (C)
Hello All

My company closed its operation suddenly today. I am working for a client and have job now. Since my consulting company is closed what is my status. I applied for AOS and have EAD, AP, FP done on 02/11/2002. To complicate things i am right now in India and am not sure whether i will have problems at the port of entry. Please advice me accordigly.

my rd is 07/10/2001
my nd is 08/28/2001

What should i do at this stage?

Thank you

i think you can use AP

If you have AP I think you wont have a problem at POE. Ofcourse this is just my opinion.

find another company

or maybe talk to your client if they can hire you permanently, they are already paying for your services on hourly basis, for them it should not be a problem. Or better ask them to pay you directly (on W-2) rather than paying to your company (which is no more operational). AC21 will allow this.

If they don\'t agree but still want to keep you -> Since you have EAD and the client you should have not problem finding an employer.

I think you should come back before doing any of this. Talk to your boss (client company) face to face. I am sure he would understand.

Spoke to Attorney

I spoke to company attorney and she is of the impression that the company is not closed and she told another company will be taking over this company. She told it will not jeopardize my Green card as i come in 180 day portability if such thing happen. She also assured that it will not be a problem even if the company closes its operation. (Suckers they tell in the last minute.) The worst thing is no one is there to answer anything. I dont know what to do. I am thinking of waiting if i get paystub if not will use EAD from middle man.

Thank you