Companies not interviewing if someone in Canada

kite2020

Registered Users (C)
I was laid off in Feb 2024 so move back to Canada, after taking break about a month I started searching for job in March 2024. When I get call HR/Recruiter ask my visa status and physical location. When I tell them I will need TN letter some are fine with that, then they ask my current location and DL copy, as I tell them I am in Canada they say they think about it or cant do it.

Is anyone else also facing this problem and what are the possible solutions?

It's unavoidable: some companies simply aren't interested in foreign workers regardless of how easy it is to get a TN.

My approach was to obtain & give a physical mailing address within the USA, even if I was not located there at the moment. I also got a USA prepaid phone so I had a USA area code.
When asked about work status, I'd tell them semi-honestly "I have TN work status". i.e. i omit the 'could' part.

This is definitely "stretching the truth" and not for everyone.

I am already doing it. I have USA address and telephone. Then recruiter ask me copy of TN or USA DL.

I think companies have lot of options in USA.

If you are in tech, yes, they have more options than they had 5 years ago for sure.

Asking for a current DL or TN? yikes, that's intense. That never happened to me in dozens of recruiter calls.