Community College F1

harrygulls

Registered Users (C)
Is it easy to get the F1 stamped if the student got admission in the Local Community College. Does Embassey look for only or prefers admissions in top University/Colleges. Is there any criteria like that. Do they ask a lot about the university/ program details.

Harry

The U.S. Embassy does not make any differences between community colleges or the most expensive private colleges. However, one of the most important factors of all reqiuriments is to be able to support yourself during the time of your studying. If you can meet all the criterias of the school which you wish to attend and receive an I-20 then you are good to go.

Re Community Collge

An Associate's Degree is all you get in a community college. Chances of a Visa approval are slim anyways for 4 year Undergraduates . 2 Years associate I can very well imagine how difficult it will be.

Hi there.
My niece is graduating this year from a 4-year college in my country. She is majoring in Finances. I'd like to get F1 visa for her. Here, she will need to learn English first. So, I guess, Community College is a better place for her to start with. Am I right? Do you know how long F1 processing takes. I haven't done much researching on that yet. Where do I start?
Please advise!

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd depend. First, on the school and the time it will take to issue an I-20 (what it issues after you've been admitted and all your documents are in order). Then, on the embassy/consulate to schedule you an interview, process your application and issue the visa. There might also be other facts that might delay the process, such as being from a state-sponsor of terrorism, et cetera.

I recommend starting the process several months in advance to be on the safe side.

For further research, contact each individual school you are interested in for their local process and processing times, and then contact your local U.S. embassy/consulate to find out their processing times.

Anahit said:
Hi there.
My niece is graduating this year from a 4-year college in my country. She is majoring in Finances. I'd like to get F1 visa for her. Here, she will need to learn English first. So, I guess, Community College is a better place for her to start with. Am I right? Do you know how long F1 processing takes. I haven't done much researching on that yet. Where do I start?
Please advise!

Karlshammar said:
It'd depend. First, on the school and the time it will take to issue an I-20 (what it issues after you've been admitted and all your documents are in order). Then, on the embassy/consulate to schedule you an interview, process your application and issue the visa. There might also be other facts that might delay the process, such as being from a state-sponsor of terrorism, et cetera.

I recommend starting the process several months in advance to be on the safe side.

For further research, contact each individual school you are interested in for their local process and processing times, and then contact your local U.S. embassy/consulate to find out their processing times.
Thank you. I'll start as soon as I can.