coming to the USA

Tinker

Hi....
I am just looking through all this. I am not sure where I should be. Perhaps this is the wrong place for me to be.
I have a lot of questions about immigration.
I have a very dear friend who lives in England. She has been visiting here every three months. She stays three months and then returns home to her native country.
However, she would like nothing more than to come to the USA permanently to live.
She has no family here to speak of.
Is is possible for her to be able to ever live in the USA?
I dont know if anyone will know. Any knowledge you have would be most helpful.
Feel free to email me at myjypsy@hotmail.com.
I am not very good with my computer.. and I certainly hope that I can find this site again.
Thank you so much,
sincerely,
Tinker*

There are several ways in which she can live here longer than 3 months

1. She can apply to a university and come here on a student visa. However, she would need to maintain her status as a full time student, and she would need to depart upon completion of her studies, unless she can find a job and have the company sponsor her for a work permit.

2. If she has a degree from a recognized university and some relevant work experience, she can try to get a job in the us and come here on a work permit. However, she would need company sponsorship for that.

3. If she has a substantial amount of money to invest, she can come here on an investor's visa.

4. If she is in a serious relationship with a US citizen, they can get married and her husband can then sponsor her to live here permanently.

Keep in mind that coming to the US every three months frequently can result in the person being put in the lockout system of BCIS.

As a visitor you will need to stay out of the US for 6 month each year. There used to be a case where a British came to the US staying for close to 90 days, departed for several days, then came back in. Finally, a lockout record was created for him which made it possible for him to come to the US anymore.