Collective action for concurrent filers in 04

bigbadwolf

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I think we are at a major disadvantage after the ohata memo. Granted that our 485 processing time could be lesser. But it appears that it will not be a whole lot better at least in 04. More importantly, our AC-21 seems to be shot.

I am wondering if we could file some collective petition to

1. Lobby for AC-21 for concurrent filers which removes the need for I-140. Does anyone have this kind of experience in dealing with the BCIS? Can AILA help us with this?
2. get info on concurrent filers in 04. i.e. some kind of a timeline that is updated regularly (like the one for non-concurrent filers)

Regards

This is a very good idea. Right now, none of us have any clue of what is happening or is going to happen. The only result of the FOM has been to totally stop 140 approvals. I would even just settle for knowing when they plan to applying the memo!
I just can't believe none of the I 485s coming under FOM is still adjudication ready, so they must be waiting for something, like clearing some of the 485 backlog. But whats the big secret about that anyway? why not come out with an update that outlines this?

There are periodic meetings between NSC and AILA liaisons. Is anyones lawyer in these meetings? That would be our best bet of atleast getting some clarification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with you.Already 2months and no action.This is exactly
what my lawyer predicted.He had told us 3 months back that
Ohata memo will kill 140 processing.For consultants whose projects
are always uncertain and who depended on AC-21 (like me)
this is a nightmare.There is no way that we can go through all this again.
Lets do something about this.

I agree with all of you. I am so frustrated with this wait. I have to join another company in a month or so if not my job is at stake. I am so mad that I can't use AC-21. But, what can be done?

Guys,

Could not agree with you more on AC21!!

Seems like atleast for now, this FO memo has created more confusion than solving our problems. While I totally understand that the USCIS, is trying to do their best by introducing new policlies etc and FO memo may be a step towards that and also in fututre probably this will be good for the immigrants seeking GCs, HOWEVER, the changes proposed in FO memo are not going to be implemented overnight. This is goiing to take months before USCIS gets in a position to adjudicate teh 140 and 485 together. In the interim, it is we who will have to suffer. Just imagine, there are so many of us working in companies, which are pretty unstable thus impacting our potential jobs. We WILL HAVE to do something and see that our voices are heard and we get amendment to the AC21 in our favor. If we remain quite guess what, all our investment in terms of time will all go down the drain.

Therefore I propose taking the following steps:

1. Lets write to our dear congressmen. Remember this is an election year and we will get their attention. Immigration is a big issue and letters to our congressmen will only help us in bringing our issues to them and requesting them to take action and atleast get AC21 amended. (In the coming days, I can prepare a draft and we can send this to the congressmen).

2. Talk to our attorneys and request them to raise this issue in the AILA meetings etc. (I do know this AC21 issue was raised at the recent AILA meetings and there is gossip going around that there will be some announcement reg AC21 by USCIS later this summer. BUT lets not sit back and relax, lets raise this issue and bring to the attention of teh concerned about its importance to us).

3. Write to Rajiv Khanna and request him to take up this issue in the ongoing case Vs USCIS and request for an amendment in AC21.

4. Write letters to the directors of various service centers and explain our plight and request them to take action and atleast amend the AC21.

5. Write a letter directly to our friend Mr. Fujie Ohata and invite his attention on his memo. Lets thank him for his work (no pun here) but also tell him about the potential problems we are facing and request him to take steps to amend the AC21.

These are just a few things that come to my end. If you guys have any more / better suyggestions, please let us know.

Last but not teh least guys - LETS ACT AND GET OUR VOICES HEARD. Lets put in our 100 % and leave the rest to God! Lets not leave a single stone unturned.

Cheers,

5. Write a letter directly to our friend Mr. Fujie Ohata and invite his attention on his memo. Lets thank him for his work (no pun here) but also tell him about the potential problems we are facing and request him to take steps to amend the AC21.

*** I feel this might be the best action. If possible, write to Mr.Yates also.(The person who issued the AC21 August 2003 Memo)

Fujie Ohata (for naanshi)

naanshi,

i think Fujie Ohata is a woman. I remember reading an article where they referred to "her". not 100% sure though.

FP Cleared

Guys,
My FP was cleared on June 29th. Waiting for some progress in my case, coz NO RFE/EAD/AP so far for me and my wife.

Concurrent filing
RD:04/28(140/485/765/131)
ND:05/10(140/485/765/131)
FP:06/18(cleared on 06/29 from FBI, sent back to INS)
EB2, NSC
NO RFE/EAD/AP so far for me and my wife

Does the status update reflect on your on-line status?? I had my finger prints sometime back, my status has not changed. My message is still "the process restarted etc" It does not say anything about finger prints being cleared.

EAD & AP approved

Hi Guys,
Mine & spouse EAD and AP approved on 07/07.

RD:04/28(140/485/765/131)
ND:05/10(140/485/765/131)
FP:06/18(cleared on 06/29 from FBI, sent back to INS)
EAD & AP:07/07
EB2, NSC
NO RFE for 140 & 485