Clearing 485 backlog?

pablasingh

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer has made an observation and is noticing a much faster adjudication of 485s (the regular backlog) since the last month or so from NSC. He has not seen any concurrently filed 140 approval since the beginning of MAY...except for CP and RFE cases.

I hope NSC had not re-allocated all concurrent-140 adjudicators to clearing the 485 backlog. If this is the case, forget about a quick adjudication. We will be here for a long time as they are just clearing Dec 2002 485 cases now. And we cannot use AC21!!

This is speculation but unless we start seeing evidence of otherwise, this can be true.

I think you are right. This is just a guess, but unless they clear the horrendous 485 backlog from 2002, I don't think they will start any serious processing of 485s from Sept 03...

Hope they clear up the backlog in the next 2-3 months!

See the attached graph

Pabla: Your conjecture definitely seems like a possibility. See the attached plot. You would think that for the sake of fairness, they would try to clear the 485 backlog before starting concurrent adjudications of the cases subject to Ohata memo.

The graph is interesting. The recent jump suggests faster backlog clearing. Where did they get the additional officers from?